On a night that honored 28-year veteran Arrowhead coach TomTaraska by having the stadium named after him, the AHS varsity football team scored on big plays all night as they whipped visiting Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference game,35-9 in its annual homecoming game.
The win qualified the Warhawks (4-1, 5-1) for the WIAA post-season playoffs. North fell to 3-4, 2-3 on the season.
AHS has now defeated 11 times in their 12 meetings since the Classic 8 was formed in 1998.
Arrowhead's first three touchdowns, all in the first half, came on a 70-yard run by junior Colton Sweitzer, a 62-yard pass form Tom Parish to Russ Finco and a 30-yard pass from Parish to Finco. In the second half the Warhawks got scores from Brian Crook (2-yard run) and Colin Schreck on a 20-yard pass from Parish.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts