On a night that honored 28-year veteran Arrowhead coach TomTaraska by having the stadium named after him, the AHS varsity football team scored on big plays all night as they whipped visiting Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference game,35-9 in its annual homecoming game.
The win qualified the Warhawks (4-1, 5-1) for the WIAA post-season playoffs. North fell to 3-4, 2-3 on the season.
AHS has now defeated 11 times in their 12 meetings since the Classic 8 was formed in 1998.
Arrowhead's first three touchdowns, all in the first half, came on a 70-yard run by junior Colton Sweitzer, a 62-yard pass form Tom Parish to Russ Finco and a 30-yard pass from Parish to Finco. In the second half the Warhawks got scores from Brian Crook (2-yard run) and Colin Schreck on a 20-yard pass from Parish.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts