On a night that honored 28-year veteran Arrowhead coach TomTaraska by having the stadium named after him, the AHS varsity football team scored on big plays all night as they whipped visiting Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference game,35-9 in its annual homecoming game.
The win qualified the Warhawks (4-1, 5-1) for the WIAA post-season playoffs. North fell to 3-4, 2-3 on the season.
AHS has now defeated 11 times in their 12 meetings since the Classic 8 was formed in 1998.
Arrowhead's first three touchdowns, all in the first half, came on a 70-yard run by junior Colton Sweitzer, a 62-yard pass form Tom Parish to Russ Finco and a 30-yard pass from Parish to Finco. In the second half the Warhawks got scores from Brian Crook (2-yard run) and Colin Schreck on a 20-yard pass from Parish.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts