On a night that honored 28-year veteran Arrowhead coach TomTaraska by having the stadium named after him, the AHS varsity football team scored on big plays all night as they whipped visiting Waukesha North in a Classic 8 Conference game,35-9 in its annual homecoming game.
The win qualified the Warhawks (4-1, 5-1) for the WIAA post-season playoffs. North fell to 3-4, 2-3 on the season.
AHS has now defeated 11 times in their 12 meetings since the Classic 8 was formed in 1998.
Arrowhead's first three touchdowns, all in the first half, came on a 70-yard run by junior Colton Sweitzer, a 62-yard pass form Tom Parish to Russ Finco and a 30-yard pass from Parish to Finco. In the second half the Warhawks got scores from Brian Crook (2-yard run) and Colin Schreck on a 20-yard pass from Parish.
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts