The Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department budget process came to a halt Monday night when the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon boards could not agree on how to budget $4,000 for legal fees.
The Big Bend board approved the budget which included a line item of $4,000 for the fees; however the Town of Vernon would not approve a budget that included such a line item.
According to Fire Board President Carol Shea, if the two boards do not come to an agreement by Dec. 15, the board will automatically use the 2009 budget.
"At that point, they could begin the dissolution of the department," she said.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts