The Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department budget process came to a halt Monday night when the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon boards could not agree on how to budget $4,000 for legal fees.
The Big Bend board approved the budget which included a line item of $4,000 for the fees; however the Town of Vernon would not approve a budget that included such a line item.
According to Fire Board President Carol Shea, if the two boards do not come to an agreement by Dec. 15, the board will automatically use the 2009 budget.
"At that point, they could begin the dissolution of the department," she said.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts