The Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department budget process came to a halt Monday night when the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon boards could not agree on how to budget $4,000 for legal fees.
The Big Bend board approved the budget which included a line item of $4,000 for the fees; however the Town of Vernon would not approve a budget that included such a line item.
According to Fire Board President Carol Shea, if the two boards do not come to an agreement by Dec. 15, the board will automatically use the 2009 budget.
"At that point, they could begin the dissolution of the department," she said.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts