The Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department budget process came to a halt Monday night when the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon boards could not agree on how to budget $4,000 for legal fees.
The Big Bend board approved the budget which included a line item of $4,000 for the fees; however the Town of Vernon would not approve a budget that included such a line item.
According to Fire Board President Carol Shea, if the two boards do not come to an agreement by Dec. 15, the board will automatically use the 2009 budget.
"At that point, they could begin the dissolution of the department," she said.
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts