The Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department budget process came to a halt Monday night when the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon boards could not agree on how to budget $4,000 for legal fees.
The Big Bend board approved the budget which included a line item of $4,000 for the fees; however the Town of Vernon would not approve a budget that included such a line item.
According to Fire Board President Carol Shea, if the two boards do not come to an agreement by Dec. 15, the board will automatically use the 2009 budget.
"At that point, they could begin the dissolution of the department," she said.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts