There's been no stoppng the Pewaukee varsity football team so far this season. And there was no stopping them again Friday night.
Hosting Thomas More in a Woodland Conference game, the Pirates scored three touchdowns in the first period and eventually rolled to a lopsided 50-12 win over the Cavaliers (2-6).
The victory improved the PHS record to 7-0 in conference play and 8-0 overall. The Pirates have won a school-record 18 consecutive league games over the last three years.
Junior Derek Watt returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown and it was all downhill for the Pirates. Watt scored three on the night and Russell Fay, Travis Decker and Patrick Bacon also scored. Fay finished with a career-best 125 yards rushing on just seven carries.
On defense, the Pirates got big games from Watt, Mike Olewinski, Richard Crane, Austin Sternad, Decker, Josh Fritchen, Kent Girmscheid, Chris Jasinski and Tyler Haga.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts