There's been no stoppng the Pewaukee varsity football team so far this season. And there was no stopping them again Friday night.
Hosting Thomas More in a Woodland Conference game, the Pirates scored three touchdowns in the first period and eventually rolled to a lopsided 50-12 win over the Cavaliers (2-6).
The victory improved the PHS record to 7-0 in conference play and 8-0 overall. The Pirates have won a school-record 18 consecutive league games over the last three years.
Junior Derek Watt returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown and it was all downhill for the Pirates. Watt scored three on the night and Russell Fay, Travis Decker and Patrick Bacon also scored. Fay finished with a career-best 125 yards rushing on just seven carries.
On defense, the Pirates got big games from Watt, Mike Olewinski, Richard Crane, Austin Sternad, Decker, Josh Fritchen, Kent Girmscheid, Chris Jasinski and Tyler Haga.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts