There's been no stoppng the Pewaukee varsity football team so far this season. And there was no stopping them again Friday night.
Hosting Thomas More in a Woodland Conference game, the Pirates scored three touchdowns in the first period and eventually rolled to a lopsided 50-12 win over the Cavaliers (2-6).
The victory improved the PHS record to 7-0 in conference play and 8-0 overall. The Pirates have won a school-record 18 consecutive league games over the last three years.
Junior Derek Watt returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown and it was all downhill for the Pirates. Watt scored three on the night and Russell Fay, Travis Decker and Patrick Bacon also scored. Fay finished with a career-best 125 yards rushing on just seven carries.
On defense, the Pirates got big games from Watt, Mike Olewinski, Richard Crane, Austin Sternad, Decker, Josh Fritchen, Kent Girmscheid, Chris Jasinski and Tyler Haga.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts