There's been no stoppng the Pewaukee varsity football team so far this season. And there was no stopping them again Friday night.
Hosting Thomas More in a Woodland Conference game, the Pirates scored three touchdowns in the first period and eventually rolled to a lopsided 50-12 win over the Cavaliers (2-6).
The victory improved the PHS record to 7-0 in conference play and 8-0 overall. The Pirates have won a school-record 18 consecutive league games over the last three years.
Junior Derek Watt returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown and it was all downhill for the Pirates. Watt scored three on the night and Russell Fay, Travis Decker and Patrick Bacon also scored. Fay finished with a career-best 125 yards rushing on just seven carries.
On defense, the Pirates got big games from Watt, Mike Olewinski, Richard Crane, Austin Sternad, Decker, Josh Fritchen, Kent Girmscheid, Chris Jasinski and Tyler Haga.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts