Pewaukee's varsity cross country team, led by a first-place finish by senior Hannah Frett, won the Woodland Conference championship last Friday at Sheridan Park.
Pewaukee won the title for the second straight year. PHS had 57 points and Shorewood was second with 79.
Frett won the 4,000-meter race with an outstanding time of 14:44. Other PHS runners were Riley Kirchoff in 11th at 15:37, Lily Leist 13th at 15:46, Hailey Henck 14th at 15:47, Paige Hinkle 22nd at 16:01 and Shannon Kalamarz 28th at 16:24.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts