Two homicide investigators sent to Texas last week in connection with the homicide investigation of Kimberly Smith, have had their stay extended in the Lone Star State.
Originally scheduled to return on Oct. 18, the law enforcement officials are now expected to stay until Wednesday, Oct. 21.
“The guys are getting a lot of information down in Texas. We’re finding out things we didn’t know before,” said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
“As they continue to do interviews, the more information there is to follow-up on before coming back to Wisconsin.
“We’re getting a lot of cooperation with people we’re speaking to and from the Texas authorities. They (the investigators) are going to be down there until the middle of next week,” the Chief added.
For more on the story, read the Tuesday edition of Oconomowoc Focus
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts