Town of Erin - Delafield developer Bob Lang is apparently selling at least some of his interest in the Erin Hills Golf Course in Washington County to Andrew Ziegler of Macon, chief executive officer of Artisan Partners, one of Milwaukee's largest mutual fund management companies.
Town officials said an emergency meeting of the Plan Commission has been scheduled tommorrow evening to amend town permits for the golf course to reflect Lang's sale of his interest in the property. Lang purchased the 652 acres in 1999 and opened the golf course in 2006.
Lang and Ziegler could not be reached for comment. Town officials were hesitant to identify Ziegler as a new owner in the golf course because they said all of the necessary paper work had not been completed on the transaction and for tommorrow nights meeting. However, other sources also confirmed Ziegler's pending purchase the property.
Delafield Mayor Ed McAleer said he was surprised by the reports that Lang was selling the golf course. McAleer said it was his understand that Lang was devoting most of his professional career to development of the golf course that has been described by some golf publications as one of the best newly built courses in the country.
During the past decade, Lang has been gradually selling off his interests in a card and calender company and downtown businesses and buildings that had made him an icon in Delafield and across Lake Country.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts