Town of Erin - Delafield developer Bob Lang is apparently selling at least some of his interest in the Erin Hills Golf Course in Washington County to Andrew Ziegler of Macon, chief executive officer of Artisan Partners, one of Milwaukee's largest mutual fund management companies.
Town officials said an emergency meeting of the Plan Commission has been scheduled tommorrow evening to amend town permits for the golf course to reflect Lang's sale of his interest in the property. Lang purchased the 652 acres in 1999 and opened the golf course in 2006.
Lang and Ziegler could not be reached for comment. Town officials were hesitant to identify Ziegler as a new owner in the golf course because they said all of the necessary paper work had not been completed on the transaction and for tommorrow nights meeting. However, other sources also confirmed Ziegler's pending purchase the property.
Delafield Mayor Ed McAleer said he was surprised by the reports that Lang was selling the golf course. McAleer said it was his understand that Lang was devoting most of his professional career to development of the golf course that has been described by some golf publications as one of the best newly built courses in the country.
During the past decade, Lang has been gradually selling off his interests in a card and calender company and downtown businesses and buildings that had made him an icon in Delafield and across Lake Country.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts