For the second straight year, the Hamilton football team has eliminated Brookfield Central from the postseason -- though this time around, the triumph came before the postseason actually started.
The Chargers turned in a 14-7 victory Wednesday night at Central, finishing with a very respectable 5-2 mark in the Greater Metro Conference and dropping the Lancers to 3-4 -- short of postseason qualifications.
Hamilton will learn its playoff opponent Friday.
Lake Country Lutheran will also learn its foe Friday and should have a home game coming after clinching a share of the Midwest Classic Conference divisional title. The Lightning won a 54-14 outcome over Living Word Lutheran, with Jake Bahr catching two touchdown passes and running for another.
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts