For the second straight year, the Hamilton football team has eliminated Brookfield Central from the postseason -- though this time around, the triumph came before the postseason actually started.
The Chargers turned in a 14-7 victory Wednesday night at Central, finishing with a very respectable 5-2 mark in the Greater Metro Conference and dropping the Lancers to 3-4 -- short of postseason qualifications.
Hamilton will learn its playoff opponent Friday.
Lake Country Lutheran will also learn its foe Friday and should have a home game coming after clinching a share of the Midwest Classic Conference divisional title. The Lightning won a 54-14 outcome over Living Word Lutheran, with Jake Bahr catching two touchdown passes and running for another.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts