For the second straight year, the Hamilton football team has eliminated Brookfield Central from the postseason -- though this time around, the triumph came before the postseason actually started.
The Chargers turned in a 14-7 victory Wednesday night at Central, finishing with a very respectable 5-2 mark in the Greater Metro Conference and dropping the Lancers to 3-4 -- short of postseason qualifications.
Hamilton will learn its playoff opponent Friday.
Lake Country Lutheran will also learn its foe Friday and should have a home game coming after clinching a share of the Midwest Classic Conference divisional title. The Lightning won a 54-14 outcome over Living Word Lutheran, with Jake Bahr catching two touchdown passes and running for another.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts