Arrowhead's varsity football team, ranked No.7 in the state in the Large School state Associated Press Poll, grabbed the ealy lead when senior Russ Finco returned the opening kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown and defeated visiting Waukesha Catholic Memorial Wedensday night in a Classic 8 Conference game, 31-13.
AHS finished the season with a 7-1 record. In league play, the Warhawks took second place with a 6-1 record. Waukesha West won the league crown, its first in school history, by going 7-0.
CMH (6-3) cut their deficit to 14-13 early in the fourth quarter before AHS scored the final 17 points. Drew Meyer booted a 22-yard field goal to get the fourth quarter rally going and Brian Crook and Finco put the game away by scoring touchdowns later in the period. Crook scored his 53rd career touchdown on a 5-yard run and Finco caught a 31-yard pass from Tom Parish.
AHS finished with 319 total yards and Memorial had 179 yards.
The WIAA playoffs will start Tuesday night.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts