Arrowhead's varsity football team, ranked No.7 in the state in the Large School state Associated Press Poll, grabbed the ealy lead when senior Russ Finco returned the opening kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown and defeated visiting Waukesha Catholic Memorial Wedensday night in a Classic 8 Conference game, 31-13.
AHS finished the season with a 7-1 record. In league play, the Warhawks took second place with a 6-1 record. Waukesha West won the league crown, its first in school history, by going 7-0.
CMH (6-3) cut their deficit to 14-13 early in the fourth quarter before AHS scored the final 17 points. Drew Meyer booted a 22-yard field goal to get the fourth quarter rally going and Brian Crook and Finco put the game away by scoring touchdowns later in the period. Crook scored his 53rd career touchdown on a 5-yard run and Finco caught a 31-yard pass from Tom Parish.
AHS finished with 319 total yards and Memorial had 179 yards.
The WIAA playoffs will start Tuesday night.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts