Pewaukee's varsity football team, ranked No. 3 in the state in the Associated Press Medium School poll, finished the 2009 regular season Wednesday night by scoring a 34-20 win over visiting Whitall.
The win moved Pewaukee's record to 9-0. giving them 19 consecutive Woodland Conference wins the last three years. It's the second straight year the Pirates have finished the regular season undefeated.
After a scoreless first quarter, Whitnall led twice in the second period (7-0 and 14-7) before the two teams went into the intermission tied at 14-14.
PHS outscored the Falcons 20-6 in the second half.
Senior Mike Dusel, who scored a career-high three touchdowns in the game, scored on runs of 8 and 25 yards to spark the second half rally. Bryan Spakowicz, back from msising two games with a knee injury, scored on a 2-yard run. Spakowicz and Dusel scored first-half touchdowns on running plays.
Pewaukee finished with 428 total yards. Whitnall had 336 yards.
Spakowicz and Dusel rushed for 144 and 102 yards respectively.
Pewaukee will begin WIAA playoff actionTuesday night.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts