Pewaukee's varsity football team, ranked No. 3 in the state in the Associated Press Medium School poll, finished the 2009 regular season Wednesday night by scoring a 34-20 win over visiting Whitall.
The win moved Pewaukee's record to 9-0. giving them 19 consecutive Woodland Conference wins the last three years. It's the second straight year the Pirates have finished the regular season undefeated.
After a scoreless first quarter, Whitnall led twice in the second period (7-0 and 14-7) before the two teams went into the intermission tied at 14-14.
PHS outscored the Falcons 20-6 in the second half.
Senior Mike Dusel, who scored a career-high three touchdowns in the game, scored on runs of 8 and 25 yards to spark the second half rally. Bryan Spakowicz, back from msising two games with a knee injury, scored on a 2-yard run. Spakowicz and Dusel scored first-half touchdowns on running plays.
Pewaukee finished with 428 total yards. Whitnall had 336 yards.
Spakowicz and Dusel rushed for 144 and 102 yards respectively.
Pewaukee will begin WIAA playoff actionTuesday night.
- Bank owned structures called dangerous (0)
- Delafield may dump "up the drive" waste collection (0)
- Delafield invites Obama (0)
- ACT scores up for area schools (0)
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007