Pewaukee's varsity football team, ranked No. 3 in the state in the Associated Press Medium School poll, finished the 2009 regular season Wednesday night by scoring a 34-20 win over visiting Whitall.
The win moved Pewaukee's record to 9-0. giving them 19 consecutive Woodland Conference wins the last three years. It's the second straight year the Pirates have finished the regular season undefeated.
After a scoreless first quarter, Whitnall led twice in the second period (7-0 and 14-7) before the two teams went into the intermission tied at 14-14.
PHS outscored the Falcons 20-6 in the second half.
Senior Mike Dusel, who scored a career-high three touchdowns in the game, scored on runs of 8 and 25 yards to spark the second half rally. Bryan Spakowicz, back from msising two games with a knee injury, scored on a 2-yard run. Spakowicz and Dusel scored first-half touchdowns on running plays.
Pewaukee finished with 428 total yards. Whitnall had 336 yards.
Spakowicz and Dusel rushed for 144 and 102 yards respectively.
Pewaukee will begin WIAA playoff actionTuesday night.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts