Pewaukee's varsity football team, ranked No. 3 in the state in the Associated Press Medium School poll, finished the 2009 regular season Wednesday night by scoring a 34-20 win over visiting Whitall.
The win moved Pewaukee's record to 9-0. giving them 19 consecutive Woodland Conference wins the last three years. It's the second straight year the Pirates have finished the regular season undefeated.
After a scoreless first quarter, Whitnall led twice in the second period (7-0 and 14-7) before the two teams went into the intermission tied at 14-14.
PHS outscored the Falcons 20-6 in the second half.
Senior Mike Dusel, who scored a career-high three touchdowns in the game, scored on runs of 8 and 25 yards to spark the second half rally. Bryan Spakowicz, back from msising two games with a knee injury, scored on a 2-yard run. Spakowicz and Dusel scored first-half touchdowns on running plays.
Pewaukee finished with 428 total yards. Whitnall had 336 yards.
Spakowicz and Dusel rushed for 144 and 102 yards respectively.
Pewaukee will begin WIAA playoff actionTuesday night.
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007