Village of Hartland - Glenn Schilling, superintendent of the Hartland - Lakeside School District, said Friday he expects Hartland South Elementary School will be reopened for classes on Monday. The school was closed Tuesday afternoon because nearly of third of its students were home sick with the flu.
Schilling said students will attend classes for a day and a half next week because of previously scheduled teachers conferences. Schilling said students and parents will receive information next week that will enable the student to work at home to make up for the school work that was not done during the three and a half days the school was closed last week.
Schilling said the decision to close the schools are usually based on orders issued by the Waukesha County Health Department based on trends that indicate unusually high absentee rates.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts