Village of Hartland - Glenn Schilling, superintendent of the Hartland - Lakeside School District, said Friday he expects Hartland South Elementary School will be reopened for classes on Monday. The school was closed Tuesday afternoon because nearly of third of its students were home sick with the flu.
Schilling said students will attend classes for a day and a half next week because of previously scheduled teachers conferences. Schilling said students and parents will receive information next week that will enable the student to work at home to make up for the school work that was not done during the three and a half days the school was closed last week.
Schilling said the decision to close the schools are usually based on orders issued by the Waukesha County Health Department based on trends that indicate unusually high absentee rates.
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts