Lake Country Lutheran scored and scored and scored, again on Tuesday.
This time, the offense was in high gear in its first-ever WIAA Division 6 playoff game, stopping Deerfield, 44-20.
Lake Country Lutheran did it without running back/linebacker Aaron Wegner, who was taken off the field by ambulance late in the first quarter.
Senior quarterback Jared Wartinbee tossed two touchdown passes in the first half and ran for another, lifting the Lightning (8-2 overall) to a 30-6 halftime lead. On fourth down and five with 8:12 to play in the fourth quarter, Wartinbee hit senior Cameron Herdt on a 20-yard touchdown pass.
Senior running back Trey Shaw had two touchdowns for Deerfield.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts