Lake Country Lutheran scored and scored and scored, again on Tuesday.
This time, the offense was in high gear in its first-ever WIAA Division 6 playoff game, stopping Deerfield, 44-20.
Lake Country Lutheran did it without running back/linebacker Aaron Wegner, who was taken off the field by ambulance late in the first quarter.
Senior quarterback Jared Wartinbee tossed two touchdown passes in the first half and ran for another, lifting the Lightning (8-2 overall) to a 30-6 halftime lead. On fourth down and five with 8:12 to play in the fourth quarter, Wartinbee hit senior Cameron Herdt on a 20-yard touchdown pass.
Senior running back Trey Shaw had two touchdowns for Deerfield.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts