Lake Country Lutheran scored and scored and scored, again on Tuesday.
This time, the offense was in high gear in its first-ever WIAA Division 6 playoff game, stopping Deerfield, 44-20.
Lake Country Lutheran did it without running back/linebacker Aaron Wegner, who was taken off the field by ambulance late in the first quarter.
Senior quarterback Jared Wartinbee tossed two touchdown passes in the first half and ran for another, lifting the Lightning (8-2 overall) to a 30-6 halftime lead. On fourth down and five with 8:12 to play in the fourth quarter, Wartinbee hit senior Cameron Herdt on a 20-yard touchdown pass.
Senior running back Trey Shaw had two touchdowns for Deerfield.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts