Lake Country Lutheran scored and scored and scored, again on Tuesday.
This time, the offense was in high gear in its first-ever WIAA Division 6 playoff game, stopping Deerfield, 44-20.
Lake Country Lutheran did it without running back/linebacker Aaron Wegner, who was taken off the field by ambulance late in the first quarter.
Senior quarterback Jared Wartinbee tossed two touchdown passes in the first half and ran for another, lifting the Lightning (8-2 overall) to a 30-6 halftime lead. On fourth down and five with 8:12 to play in the fourth quarter, Wartinbee hit senior Cameron Herdt on a 20-yard touchdown pass.
Senior running back Trey Shaw had two touchdowns for Deerfield.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts