Lake Country Lutheran scored and scored and scored, again on Tuesday.
This time, the offense was in high gear in its first-ever WIAA Division 6 playoff game, stopping Deerfield, 44-20.
Lake Country Lutheran did it without running back/linebacker Aaron Wegner, who was taken off the field by ambulance late in the first quarter.
Senior quarterback Jared Wartinbee tossed two touchdown passes in the first half and ran for another, lifting the Lightning (8-2 overall) to a 30-6 halftime lead. On fourth down and five with 8:12 to play in the fourth quarter, Wartinbee hit senior Cameron Herdt on a 20-yard touchdown pass.
Senior running back Trey Shaw had two touchdowns for Deerfield.
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts