Danny Ziegler slid a corner kick from Kyle Peterson past Marquette's goalkeeper Thursday night in double overtime, lifting Arrowhead to a 1-0 win in double overtime.
The Warhawks were challenging the defending state champion Hilltoppers in the quarterfinal of the WIAA Division 1 soccer tournament at Uihlein Park in Milwaukee. Marquette was making its 10th straight appearance in the state field and only once before had lost in the quarterfinals.
Arrowhead will face Kenosha Tremper or Muskego tomorrow in the semifinal at 7 p.m.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts