Danny Ziegler slid a corner kick from Kyle Peterson past Marquette's goalkeeper Thursday night in double overtime, lifting Arrowhead to a 1-0 win in double overtime.
The Warhawks were challenging the defending state champion Hilltoppers in the quarterfinal of the WIAA Division 1 soccer tournament at Uihlein Park in Milwaukee. Marquette was making its 10th straight appearance in the state field and only once before had lost in the quarterfinals.
Arrowhead will face Kenosha Tremper or Muskego tomorrow in the semifinal at 7 p.m.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts