Danny Ziegler slid a corner kick from Kyle Peterson past Marquette's goalkeeper Thursday night in double overtime, lifting Arrowhead to a 1-0 win in double overtime.
The Warhawks were challenging the defending state champion Hilltoppers in the quarterfinal of the WIAA Division 1 soccer tournament at Uihlein Park in Milwaukee. Marquette was making its 10th straight appearance in the state field and only once before had lost in the quarterfinals.
Arrowhead will face Kenosha Tremper or Muskego tomorrow in the semifinal at 7 p.m.
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts