Danny Ziegler slid a corner kick from Kyle Peterson past Marquette's goalkeeper Thursday night in double overtime, lifting Arrowhead to a 1-0 win in double overtime.
The Warhawks were challenging the defending state champion Hilltoppers in the quarterfinal of the WIAA Division 1 soccer tournament at Uihlein Park in Milwaukee. Marquette was making its 10th straight appearance in the state field and only once before had lost in the quarterfinals.
Arrowhead will face Kenosha Tremper or Muskego tomorrow in the semifinal at 7 p.m.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts