Danny Ziegler slid a corner kick from Kyle Peterson past Marquette's goalkeeper Thursday night in double overtime, lifting Arrowhead to a 1-0 win in double overtime.
The Warhawks were challenging the defending state champion Hilltoppers in the quarterfinal of the WIAA Division 1 soccer tournament at Uihlein Park in Milwaukee. Marquette was making its 10th straight appearance in the state field and only once before had lost in the quarterfinals.
Arrowhead will face Kenosha Tremper or Muskego tomorrow in the semifinal at 7 p.m.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts