Arrowhead's varsity footall team, 8-1 on the season, will get a chance to avenge that early-season loss this Saturday when they play host Waukesha West at Waukesha South on Saturday at 6 p.m. In second game of the Classic 8 Conference season back in September the undefeated Wolverines (10-0) stopped the Warhawks in overtime, 12-6.
The winner of Saturday's game will advance to the third round of the WIAA Division state football playoffs.
Arrowhead did not score a touchdown against West in th efirst meeting despite outgaining the Wolverines by a lopsided 260-79 margin of total offense.The loss snapped Arrowhead's 16-game conference winning streak.
The game will be played at South because the West field is extremely wet after Tuesday's game and recent rains.
Arrowhead's offense is led by the senior trio of quarterback Tom Parish, running back Brian Crook and receiver Russ Finco. Junior back Colton Sweitzer also has had a good season for AHS. On defense, the Warhawks are led by linebackers Matt Boerner and Jordan Peterson, defensive backs Jeremy Oleniczak and Jake Poehls and linemen Aaron Pomeroy, Jason Boerner and Blake Mattson.
On offense, West is led by senior quarterback Ryan Young, son of former Arrowhead standout distance runner Bob Young. Running back Charlie Congdon is averaging 6.3 yards per carry and receiver Nick Tehan has caught 22 passes for 469 yards, an average of 21 yards per reception. On defense, the top players for west are noseguard Breyton Cosey, Matt Haas, Matt Losniecki, Ryan Vonck, David Anderson, Matt Jipson and Dallis Ramos-Deleon.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts