Lake Country Lutheran's varsity foobtall team won its first WIAA playoff game ever Tuesday night and will now host Algoma on Saturday at 3 p.m. at Kettle Moraine High School. The winner of the game will advance the DIvision 6 playoff third round.
Lake Country Lutheran is one of the highest scoring teams in the state, as is Algoma. LCL defeated Deerfield Tuesday in the first round (44-20) and Algoma bombed Brookfield Academy, 61-23. Lake Country Lutheran defeated Brookfield Academy earlier this season, 47-42.
The Lightning are led by quarterback Jared Wartinbee. He has 35 touchdown passes this season. Running back Aaron Wegner is questionable for Saturday's game after getting a concussion on Tuesday. Cam Herdt caught two touchdown passes on Tuesday and Taylor Hotchkiss, the leading receiver for LCL, had one TD catch.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts