Lake Country Lutheran's varsity foobtall team won its first WIAA playoff game ever Tuesday night and will now host Algoma on Saturday at 3 p.m. at Kettle Moraine High School. The winner of the game will advance the DIvision 6 playoff third round.
Lake Country Lutheran is one of the highest scoring teams in the state, as is Algoma. LCL defeated Deerfield Tuesday in the first round (44-20) and Algoma bombed Brookfield Academy, 61-23. Lake Country Lutheran defeated Brookfield Academy earlier this season, 47-42.
The Lightning are led by quarterback Jared Wartinbee. He has 35 touchdown passes this season. Running back Aaron Wegner is questionable for Saturday's game after getting a concussion on Tuesday. Cam Herdt caught two touchdown passes on Tuesday and Taylor Hotchkiss, the leading receiver for LCL, had one TD catch.
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts