Lake Country Lutheran's varsity foobtall team won its first WIAA playoff game ever Tuesday night and will now host Algoma on Saturday at 3 p.m. at Kettle Moraine High School. The winner of the game will advance the DIvision 6 playoff third round.
Lake Country Lutheran is one of the highest scoring teams in the state, as is Algoma. LCL defeated Deerfield Tuesday in the first round (44-20) and Algoma bombed Brookfield Academy, 61-23. Lake Country Lutheran defeated Brookfield Academy earlier this season, 47-42.
The Lightning are led by quarterback Jared Wartinbee. He has 35 touchdown passes this season. Running back Aaron Wegner is questionable for Saturday's game after getting a concussion on Tuesday. Cam Herdt caught two touchdown passes on Tuesday and Taylor Hotchkiss, the leading receiver for LCL, had one TD catch.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts