Lake Country Lutheran's varsity foobtall team won its first WIAA playoff game ever Tuesday night and will now host Algoma on Saturday at 3 p.m. at Kettle Moraine High School. The winner of the game will advance the DIvision 6 playoff third round.
Lake Country Lutheran is one of the highest scoring teams in the state, as is Algoma. LCL defeated Deerfield Tuesday in the first round (44-20) and Algoma bombed Brookfield Academy, 61-23. Lake Country Lutheran defeated Brookfield Academy earlier this season, 47-42.
The Lightning are led by quarterback Jared Wartinbee. He has 35 touchdown passes this season. Running back Aaron Wegner is questionable for Saturday's game after getting a concussion on Tuesday. Cam Herdt caught two touchdown passes on Tuesday and Taylor Hotchkiss, the leading receiver for LCL, had one TD catch.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts