Town of Vernon – A 23-year-old Town of Vernon man was killed early Tuesday morning when the car he was riding in went off Cheri Avenue and rolled over several times.
Capt. Karen Ruff of the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, said the man was ejected from the back seat of a 2004 Hyundai four-door sedan. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A resident on the street called 911 at 1:42 a.m. and reported hearing a crash and went outside and found two people sitting outside the car and a man who was not breathing. The resident attempted CPR on the man, Ruff said.
Investigators believe the car was westbound and the driver, a 20-year-old City of Waukesha man lost control and the car went into a ditch, rolled over several times and hit a tree, Ruff said. The man and a 19-year-old City of Waukesha woman who was in the front seat, were injured and taken to Froedtert Memorial Hospital by a Big Bend-Vernon ambulance, Ruff said.
Alcohol may have played a role in the crash, Ruff said.
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts