Town of Vernon – A 23-year-old Town of Vernon man was killed early Tuesday morning when the car he was riding in went off Cheri Avenue and rolled over several times.
Capt. Karen Ruff of the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, said the man was ejected from the back seat of a 2004 Hyundai four-door sedan. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A resident on the street called 911 at 1:42 a.m. and reported hearing a crash and went outside and found two people sitting outside the car and a man who was not breathing. The resident attempted CPR on the man, Ruff said.
Investigators believe the car was westbound and the driver, a 20-year-old City of Waukesha man lost control and the car went into a ditch, rolled over several times and hit a tree, Ruff said. The man and a 19-year-old City of Waukesha woman who was in the front seat, were injured and taken to Froedtert Memorial Hospital by a Big Bend-Vernon ambulance, Ruff said.
Alcohol may have played a role in the crash, Ruff said.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts