Town of Vernon – A 23-year-old Town of Vernon man was killed early Tuesday morning when the car he was riding in went off Cheri Avenue and rolled over several times.
Capt. Karen Ruff of the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, said the man was ejected from the back seat of a 2004 Hyundai four-door sedan. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A resident on the street called 911 at 1:42 a.m. and reported hearing a crash and went outside and found two people sitting outside the car and a man who was not breathing. The resident attempted CPR on the man, Ruff said.
Investigators believe the car was westbound and the driver, a 20-year-old City of Waukesha man lost control and the car went into a ditch, rolled over several times and hit a tree, Ruff said. The man and a 19-year-old City of Waukesha woman who was in the front seat, were injured and taken to Froedtert Memorial Hospital by a Big Bend-Vernon ambulance, Ruff said.
Alcohol may have played a role in the crash, Ruff said.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts