Town of Vernon – Authorities have released the identity of the man killed this morning in a crash on Cheri Avenue and the driver of that vehicle is facing possible criminal charges.
Michael Zippel, 23, of Town of Vernon, was riding in the back seat of a car when it went off Cheri Avenue near Sunset Drive, rolled over and hit a tree, according to a statement released by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
Residents on the street reported to police they heard a loud noise and when they looked outside and saw lights and heard a woman asking for help. Police were called at 1:41 a.m. and the residents began to perform CPR on Zippel, who was unconscious and not breathing, according to the release.
Sheriff’s deputies and members of the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department responded to the scene.
According to the statement, the car was westbound on Cheri Ave when the driver, a 20-year-old City of Waukesha man, lost control, left the road and drove into the ditch. The car rolled several times and struck a tree, causing the victim to be ejected from the vehicle. Zippel was riding in the back seat and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 19-year-old City of Waukesha woman, who was a passenger in the front seat, and the Waukesha man were taken to Froedtert Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Sheriff’s Department will be recommending the District Attorney’s Office charge the man with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and possession of marijuana.
The accident remains under investigation by the Sheriff’s Department.
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007