Three East Troy High School seniors, Steven Wosinski, Lauryn Mustain and Shanna Kuznicki, all 17, died tragically in a two-car crash near the Elegant Farmer on Dec. 3 as they made a trip on snow-covered roads to Walmart in Mukwonago just moments after creating a YouTube video. Another friend, Andrew Bohman, who was driving the car, survived the accident but is reported to be in a coma at a hospital.
Later that night friends created a Facebook page dedicated to the memory of the three. Friends and acquaintances and others who heard about the accident posted their shock and disbelief over the loss of the seniors and sent thoughts and prayers to the families.
"If only you could see how you brought the school together," said one post.
East Troy District Administrator Christopher Hibner said the mood was somber at school on Friday, Dec. 4. East Troy Counseling and Pupil Services staff were on hand at the high school library to offer support for students and staff. The high school will be open on Saturday, Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. "to provide a safe and supportive location to any student or group of individuals who wish to gather for support. Students and individuasl may gather to talk with counselors, with other students and for any supportive reason," said a letter that was emailed to parents.
"On behalf of the East Troy Community School District, our deepest condolences to the family and friends of each of these students," said Hibner in the letter.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts