A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy discovered an early morning blaze at Genesee Center, S47 W30760 Highway 59.
About 5 a.m. on Dec. 5, the deputy noticed smoke in the area and found a working fire in the business complex at the corner of Highways 59 and 83. Early detection kept the fire contained to area of origin, according to North Prairie Fire Department Captain Brian Taylor.
North Prairie, Town of Waukesha, Wales-Genesee, Mukwonago and Eagle fire departments responded to the blaze as well as the Western Waukesha and Southern Waukesha rapid intervention teams. Fire fighters were on the scene about three hours.
Fire investegators were called to the scene. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts