A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy discovered an early morning blaze at Genesee Center, S47 W30760 Highway 59.
About 5 a.m. on Dec. 5, the deputy noticed smoke in the area and found a working fire in the business complex at the corner of Highways 59 and 83. Early detection kept the fire contained to area of origin, according to North Prairie Fire Department Captain Brian Taylor.
North Prairie, Town of Waukesha, Wales-Genesee, Mukwonago and Eagle fire departments responded to the blaze as well as the Western Waukesha and Southern Waukesha rapid intervention teams. Fire fighters were on the scene about three hours.
Fire investegators were called to the scene. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts