A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy discovered an early morning blaze at Genesee Center, S47 W30760 Highway 59.
About 5 a.m. on Dec. 5, the deputy noticed smoke in the area and found a working fire in the business complex at the corner of Highways 59 and 83. Early detection kept the fire contained to area of origin, according to North Prairie Fire Department Captain Brian Taylor.
North Prairie, Town of Waukesha, Wales-Genesee, Mukwonago and Eagle fire departments responded to the blaze as well as the Western Waukesha and Southern Waukesha rapid intervention teams. Fire fighters were on the scene about three hours.
Fire investegators were called to the scene. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts