A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy discovered an early morning blaze at Genesee Center, S47 W30760 Highway 59.
About 5 a.m. on Dec. 5, the deputy noticed smoke in the area and found a working fire in the business complex at the corner of Highways 59 and 83. Early detection kept the fire contained to area of origin, according to North Prairie Fire Department Captain Brian Taylor.
North Prairie, Town of Waukesha, Wales-Genesee, Mukwonago and Eagle fire departments responded to the blaze as well as the Western Waukesha and Southern Waukesha rapid intervention teams. Fire fighters were on the scene about three hours.
Fire investegators were called to the scene. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts