A Waukesha County Sheriff's Department deputy discovered an early morning blaze at Genesee Center, S47 W30760 Highway 59.
About 5 a.m. on Dec. 5, the deputy noticed smoke in the area and found a working fire in the business complex at the corner of Highways 59 and 83. Early detection kept the fire contained to area of origin, according to North Prairie Fire Department Captain Brian Taylor.
North Prairie, Town of Waukesha, Wales-Genesee, Mukwonago and Eagle fire departments responded to the blaze as well as the Western Waukesha and Southern Waukesha rapid intervention teams. Fire fighters were on the scene about three hours.
Fire investegators were called to the scene. The cause of the fire has not been determined and is under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts