Six-year Town of Oconomowoc police officer, Jennifer Luick, was shot and killed outside a downtown Jefferson tavern early Sunday, authorities said.
According to recent reports, Luick and an unidentified man were shot outside the Rock Bottom Saloon, 123 W. Milwaukee St., around 1 a.m. She died at a local hospital.
The man was taken by helicopter to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, where he died, Jefferson Mayor Gary Myers said. Police are withholding his identity pending notification of relatives, Myers said.
A male suspect in the shooting was arrested with the assistance of the Fort Atkinson Police Department and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, authorities said.
The shooting is under investigation.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts