Authorities have reported that Jack E. Johnson, 65, wanted in connection with the Oconomowoc murder of Kim Smith, has arrived in Wisconsin from California.
Johnson is being charged with Party to First Degree Intentional Homicide. He is the lifelong friend of Darren Wold, 41, who faces the same charge. Wold and Smith have a 4-year-old son who was at the center of a protracted and contentious court battle over support and custody issues.
Law enforecement officials believe that Wold conspired with Johnson to have Smith killed in an effort to gain custody of the child. Neither Wold nor Johnson fought extradition on the charges.
Justin Patrick Welch, 26, was linked to the murder through DNA found on evidence collected on a knife and a pair of latex gloves found in a storm drain near Smith's residence. He is being charged with First Degree Intentional Homicide and is currently being held on $2 million bail at the San Diego County Jail. He is fighting extradition to Wisconsin.
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts