Authorities have reported that Jack E. Johnson, 65, wanted in connection with the Oconomowoc murder of Kim Smith, has arrived in Wisconsin from California.
Johnson is being charged with Party to First Degree Intentional Homicide. He is the lifelong friend of Darren Wold, 41, who faces the same charge. Wold and Smith have a 4-year-old son who was at the center of a protracted and contentious court battle over support and custody issues.
Law enforecement officials believe that Wold conspired with Johnson to have Smith killed in an effort to gain custody of the child. Neither Wold nor Johnson fought extradition on the charges.
Justin Patrick Welch, 26, was linked to the murder through DNA found on evidence collected on a knife and a pair of latex gloves found in a storm drain near Smith's residence. He is being charged with First Degree Intentional Homicide and is currently being held on $2 million bail at the San Diego County Jail. He is fighting extradition to Wisconsin.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts