The Town of Vernon and Village of Big Bend resolved fire board and fire department budget issues that threatened to dissolve the Big Bend-Vernon joint fire department, according to Town Chairman Fred Michalek and Village President James Soneberg.
Funds listed for legal fees were reallocated to help cover insurance costs, a move which helped the communities reach a joint municipal agreement before the Dec. 15 deadline. According to a governing ordinance, the Fire Dpeartment would be dissolved if the Vernon Town Board and Big Bend Village Board did not adopt an identical budget by Dec. 15.
Both the Village and Town board held special meetings Dec. 9 to discuss the 2010 Fire Department and Fire Board budgets.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts