The Town of Vernon and Village of Big Bend resolved fire board and fire department budget issues that threatened to dissolve the Big Bend-Vernon joint fire department, according to Town Chairman Fred Michalek and Village President James Soneberg.
Funds listed for legal fees were reallocated to help cover insurance costs, a move which helped the communities reach a joint municipal agreement before the Dec. 15 deadline. According to a governing ordinance, the Fire Dpeartment would be dissolved if the Vernon Town Board and Big Bend Village Board did not adopt an identical budget by Dec. 15.
Both the Village and Town board held special meetings Dec. 9 to discuss the 2010 Fire Department and Fire Board budgets.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts