The Town of Vernon and Village of Big Bend resolved fire board and fire department budget issues that threatened to dissolve the Big Bend-Vernon joint fire department, according to Town Chairman Fred Michalek and Village President James Soneberg.
Funds listed for legal fees were reallocated to help cover insurance costs, a move which helped the communities reach a joint municipal agreement before the Dec. 15 deadline. According to a governing ordinance, the Fire Dpeartment would be dissolved if the Vernon Town Board and Big Bend Village Board did not adopt an identical budget by Dec. 15.
Both the Village and Town board held special meetings Dec. 9 to discuss the 2010 Fire Department and Fire Board budgets.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts