The Town of Vernon and Village of Big Bend resolved fire board and fire department budget issues that threatened to dissolve the Big Bend-Vernon joint fire department, according to Town Chairman Fred Michalek and Village President James Soneberg.
Funds listed for legal fees were reallocated to help cover insurance costs, a move which helped the communities reach a joint municipal agreement before the Dec. 15 deadline. According to a governing ordinance, the Fire Dpeartment would be dissolved if the Vernon Town Board and Big Bend Village Board did not adopt an identical budget by Dec. 15.
Both the Village and Town board held special meetings Dec. 9 to discuss the 2010 Fire Department and Fire Board budgets.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts