The Town of Vernon and Village of Big Bend resolved fire board and fire department budget issues that threatened to dissolve the Big Bend-Vernon joint fire department, according to Town Chairman Fred Michalek and Village President James Soneberg.
Funds listed for legal fees were reallocated to help cover insurance costs, a move which helped the communities reach a joint municipal agreement before the Dec. 15 deadline. According to a governing ordinance, the Fire Dpeartment would be dissolved if the Vernon Town Board and Big Bend Village Board did not adopt an identical budget by Dec. 15.
Both the Village and Town board held special meetings Dec. 9 to discuss the 2010 Fire Department and Fire Board budgets.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts