Mike Olewinski hit the big shot with 1.2 seconds left, lifting Pewaukee's boys basketball team to a 55-53 win over New Berlin West on Tuesday. The Pirates moved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in the Woodland while handing divisional rival West its first conference loss of the year.
Olewinski hit a game-tying 3-pointer with just more than a minute left in regulation and buried a jumper from near the top of the key in the second overtime. The Pirates stalled out the final 1:55 of the second extra session to hold for the final shot.
PHS hit 10 3-pointers overall in the game. See full story and video here.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts