Mike Olewinski hit the big shot with 1.2 seconds left, lifting Pewaukee's boys basketball team to a 55-53 win over New Berlin West on Tuesday. The Pirates moved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in the Woodland while handing divisional rival West its first conference loss of the year.
Olewinski hit a game-tying 3-pointer with just more than a minute left in regulation and buried a jumper from near the top of the key in the second overtime. The Pirates stalled out the final 1:55 of the second extra session to hold for the final shot.
PHS hit 10 3-pointers overall in the game. See full story and video here.
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts