Mike Olewinski hit the big shot with 1.2 seconds left, lifting Pewaukee's boys basketball team to a 55-53 win over New Berlin West on Tuesday. The Pirates moved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in the Woodland while handing divisional rival West its first conference loss of the year.
Olewinski hit a game-tying 3-pointer with just more than a minute left in regulation and buried a jumper from near the top of the key in the second overtime. The Pirates stalled out the final 1:55 of the second extra session to hold for the final shot.
PHS hit 10 3-pointers overall in the game. See full story and video here.
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts