Mike Olewinski hit the big shot with 1.2 seconds left, lifting Pewaukee's boys basketball team to a 55-53 win over New Berlin West on Tuesday. The Pirates moved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in the Woodland while handing divisional rival West its first conference loss of the year.
Olewinski hit a game-tying 3-pointer with just more than a minute left in regulation and buried a jumper from near the top of the key in the second overtime. The Pirates stalled out the final 1:55 of the second extra session to hold for the final shot.
PHS hit 10 3-pointers overall in the game. See full story and video here.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts