Mike Olewinski hit the big shot with 1.2 seconds left, lifting Pewaukee's boys basketball team to a 55-53 win over New Berlin West on Tuesday. The Pirates moved to 6-0 overall and 5-0 in the Woodland while handing divisional rival West its first conference loss of the year.
Olewinski hit a game-tying 3-pointer with just more than a minute left in regulation and buried a jumper from near the top of the key in the second overtime. The Pirates stalled out the final 1:55 of the second extra session to hold for the final shot.
PHS hit 10 3-pointers overall in the game. See full story and video here.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts