More than 100 attended aVillage of Nashotah public hearing on a conditional use permit request by Renee Evert of Evert Luko Funeral Home in Hartland to build crematorium on School Road.
Residents have strongly opposed the business since they became aware of Evert's plans. Celeste Ortmeier of Nashotah Farms subdivision submitted a petition along with several other people as they got up to speak. In total, about 150 people signed petitions.
Of those in attendance many cited information on mercury emissions that are emitted from cremation as a main concern while others expressed concerns on loss of property value if the business were to locate in the Village.
The plan commission tabled the proposal until January in a vote of 5 to 1 with Karla Zizis casting the opposing vote. She would not comment about her vote.
More on this story in Tuesday's Living Lake Country Reporter.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts