More than 100 attended aVillage of Nashotah public hearing on a conditional use permit request by Renee Evert of Evert Luko Funeral Home in Hartland to build crematorium on School Road.
Residents have strongly opposed the business since they became aware of Evert's plans. Celeste Ortmeier of Nashotah Farms subdivision submitted a petition along with several other people as they got up to speak. In total, about 150 people signed petitions.
Of those in attendance many cited information on mercury emissions that are emitted from cremation as a main concern while others expressed concerns on loss of property value if the business were to locate in the Village.
The plan commission tabled the proposal until January in a vote of 5 to 1 with Karla Zizis casting the opposing vote. She would not comment about her vote.
More on this story in Tuesday's Living Lake Country Reporter.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts