More than 100 attended aVillage of Nashotah public hearing on a conditional use permit request by Renee Evert of Evert Luko Funeral Home in Hartland to build crematorium on School Road.
Residents have strongly opposed the business since they became aware of Evert's plans. Celeste Ortmeier of Nashotah Farms subdivision submitted a petition along with several other people as they got up to speak. In total, about 150 people signed petitions.
Of those in attendance many cited information on mercury emissions that are emitted from cremation as a main concern while others expressed concerns on loss of property value if the business were to locate in the Village.
The plan commission tabled the proposal until January in a vote of 5 to 1 with Karla Zizis casting the opposing vote. She would not comment about her vote.
More on this story in Tuesday's Living Lake Country Reporter.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts