More than 100 attended aVillage of Nashotah public hearing on a conditional use permit request by Renee Evert of Evert Luko Funeral Home in Hartland to build crematorium on School Road.
Residents have strongly opposed the business since they became aware of Evert's plans. Celeste Ortmeier of Nashotah Farms subdivision submitted a petition along with several other people as they got up to speak. In total, about 150 people signed petitions.
Of those in attendance many cited information on mercury emissions that are emitted from cremation as a main concern while others expressed concerns on loss of property value if the business were to locate in the Village.
The plan commission tabled the proposal until January in a vote of 5 to 1 with Karla Zizis casting the opposing vote. She would not comment about her vote.
More on this story in Tuesday's Living Lake Country Reporter.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts