After tabling three items on its Dec. 17 board agenda relating to fire services issues, the Vernon Town Board went into closed session regarding the Intermunicipal Agreement for creating a joint fire board, department and commision between the Town of Vernon and the Village of Big Bend in Waukesha County.
Once Town Board members reconvened into open session they unanimously voted to give notice to the Big Bend Village Board to dissolve the Town of Vernon's participation with the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department per provisions of the "intermunicipal agreement for creating a joint fire department, fire board and fire commission between the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon," according to Town Chairperson Fred Michalek.
A letter providing background on the issue is going out to Vernon residents and will be delivered in a couple of days, Michalek said.
According to the joint municipal agreement, the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department would continue functioning as a joint department until Dec. 31, 2010.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts