After tabling three items on its Dec. 17 board agenda relating to fire services issues, the Vernon Town Board went into closed session regarding the Intermunicipal Agreement for creating a joint fire board, department and commision between the Town of Vernon and the Village of Big Bend in Waukesha County.
Once Town Board members reconvened into open session they unanimously voted to give notice to the Big Bend Village Board to dissolve the Town of Vernon's participation with the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department per provisions of the "intermunicipal agreement for creating a joint fire department, fire board and fire commission between the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon," according to Town Chairperson Fred Michalek.
A letter providing background on the issue is going out to Vernon residents and will be delivered in a couple of days, Michalek said.
According to the joint municipal agreement, the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department would continue functioning as a joint department until Dec. 31, 2010.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts