After tabling three items on its Dec. 17 board agenda relating to fire services issues, the Vernon Town Board went into closed session regarding the Intermunicipal Agreement for creating a joint fire board, department and commision between the Town of Vernon and the Village of Big Bend in Waukesha County.
Once Town Board members reconvened into open session they unanimously voted to give notice to the Big Bend Village Board to dissolve the Town of Vernon's participation with the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department per provisions of the "intermunicipal agreement for creating a joint fire department, fire board and fire commission between the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon," according to Town Chairperson Fred Michalek.
A letter providing background on the issue is going out to Vernon residents and will be delivered in a couple of days, Michalek said.
According to the joint municipal agreement, the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department would continue functioning as a joint department until Dec. 31, 2010.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts