After tabling three items on its Dec. 17 board agenda relating to fire services issues, the Vernon Town Board went into closed session regarding the Intermunicipal Agreement for creating a joint fire board, department and commision between the Town of Vernon and the Village of Big Bend in Waukesha County.
Once Town Board members reconvened into open session they unanimously voted to give notice to the Big Bend Village Board to dissolve the Town of Vernon's participation with the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department per provisions of the "intermunicipal agreement for creating a joint fire department, fire board and fire commission between the Village of Big Bend and the Town of Vernon," according to Town Chairperson Fred Michalek.
A letter providing background on the issue is going out to Vernon residents and will be delivered in a couple of days, Michalek said.
According to the joint municipal agreement, the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department would continue functioning as a joint department until Dec. 31, 2010.
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts