Town of Mukwonago – A 17-year-old Town of Vernon girl remains hospitalized after she suffered serious injuries after being ejected from a snowmobile and her head hitting a car on Lower Phantom Lake early Dec. 23.
Police chief Grant Turner said the girl was riding on a snowmobile driven by a 21-year-old Town of Mukwonago man. The man was driving at a high speed when he saw a car in front of him, slammed on the brakes, and the sled fell sideways with the man and woman being ejected.
The girl, who was not wearing a helmet, struck the car she had been driving earlier. The car belongs to the girl’s parents. Turner said there are conflicting stories as to whether the car was parked or moving, at the time of the accident, but there was a 15-year-old girl behind the wheel.
The man, who also was not wearing a helmet, suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. The accdient remains under investigation.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts