Town of Mukwonago – A 17-year-old Town of Vernon girl remains hospitalized after she suffered serious injuries after being ejected from a snowmobile and her head hitting a car on Lower Phantom Lake early Dec. 23.
Police chief Grant Turner said the girl was riding on a snowmobile driven by a 21-year-old Town of Mukwonago man. The man was driving at a high speed when he saw a car in front of him, slammed on the brakes, and the sled fell sideways with the man and woman being ejected.
The girl, who was not wearing a helmet, struck the car she had been driving earlier. The car belongs to the girl’s parents. Turner said there are conflicting stories as to whether the car was parked or moving, at the time of the accident, but there was a 15-year-old girl behind the wheel.
The man, who also was not wearing a helmet, suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. The accdient remains under investigation.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts