Town of Mukwonago – A 17-year-old Town of Vernon girl remains hospitalized after she suffered serious injuries after being ejected from a snowmobile and her head hitting a car on Lower Phantom Lake early Dec. 23.
Police chief Grant Turner said the girl was riding on a snowmobile driven by a 21-year-old Town of Mukwonago man. The man was driving at a high speed when he saw a car in front of him, slammed on the brakes, and the sled fell sideways with the man and woman being ejected.
The girl, who was not wearing a helmet, struck the car she had been driving earlier. The car belongs to the girl’s parents. Turner said there are conflicting stories as to whether the car was parked or moving, at the time of the accident, but there was a 15-year-old girl behind the wheel.
The man, who also was not wearing a helmet, suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. The accdient remains under investigation.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts