Town of Mukwonago – A 17-year-old Town of Vernon girl remains hospitalized after she suffered serious injuries after being ejected from a snowmobile and her head hitting a car on Lower Phantom Lake early Dec. 23.
Police chief Grant Turner said the girl was riding on a snowmobile driven by a 21-year-old Town of Mukwonago man. The man was driving at a high speed when he saw a car in front of him, slammed on the brakes, and the sled fell sideways with the man and woman being ejected.
The girl, who was not wearing a helmet, struck the car she had been driving earlier. The car belongs to the girl’s parents. Turner said there are conflicting stories as to whether the car was parked or moving, at the time of the accident, but there was a 15-year-old girl behind the wheel.
The man, who also was not wearing a helmet, suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. The accdient remains under investigation.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts