Town of Mukwonago – A 17-year-old Town of Vernon girl remains hospitalized after she suffered serious injuries after being ejected from a snowmobile and her head hitting a car on Lower Phantom Lake early Dec. 23.
Police chief Grant Turner said the girl was riding on a snowmobile driven by a 21-year-old Town of Mukwonago man. The man was driving at a high speed when he saw a car in front of him, slammed on the brakes, and the sled fell sideways with the man and woman being ejected.
The girl, who was not wearing a helmet, struck the car she had been driving earlier. The car belongs to the girl’s parents. Turner said there are conflicting stories as to whether the car was parked or moving, at the time of the accident, but there was a 15-year-old girl behind the wheel.
The man, who also was not wearing a helmet, suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from Waukesha Memorial Hospital. The accdient remains under investigation.
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts