Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team opened play Sunday afternoon in the eight-team RBC Wealth Management Shootout at the Kern Center on the campus of MSOE in Milwaukee by scoring an easy 5-0 victory over Homestead.
The win vaulted the Warhawks into the semifinals on Monday at 1 p.m. at Wilson Park in Milwaukee. Arrowhead will play either Brookfield or Germantown. The winner of the Monday battle will play in the championship game on Tuesday at the Bradley Center at 2:45 p.m. Cedarburg and University School of Milwaukee are the other Monday semifinalists.
AHS (8-3) needed just 11 seconds to score on Sunday as senior Nick Szalacinski fired in a rebound shot just in front of the Homestead net. Brian Berger and Colton Sweitzer shared the assist.
Tony Koehler added a second goal two minutes later and Colin Opay made it a 3-0 lead at the end of the opening period. Brady Vassar and Szalacinski added goals for Arrowhead later in the game
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts