Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team opened play Sunday afternoon in the eight-team RBC Wealth Management Shootout at the Kern Center on the campus of MSOE in Milwaukee by scoring an easy 5-0 victory over Homestead.
The win vaulted the Warhawks into the semifinals on Monday at 1 p.m. at Wilson Park in Milwaukee. Arrowhead will play either Brookfield or Germantown. The winner of the Monday battle will play in the championship game on Tuesday at the Bradley Center at 2:45 p.m. Cedarburg and University School of Milwaukee are the other Monday semifinalists.
AHS (8-3) needed just 11 seconds to score on Sunday as senior Nick Szalacinski fired in a rebound shot just in front of the Homestead net. Brian Berger and Colton Sweitzer shared the assist.
Tony Koehler added a second goal two minutes later and Colin Opay made it a 3-0 lead at the end of the opening period. Brady Vassar and Szalacinski added goals for Arrowhead later in the game
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts