Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team opened play Sunday afternoon in the eight-team RBC Wealth Management Shootout at the Kern Center on the campus of MSOE in Milwaukee by scoring an easy 5-0 victory over Homestead.
The win vaulted the Warhawks into the semifinals on Monday at 1 p.m. at Wilson Park in Milwaukee. Arrowhead will play either Brookfield or Germantown. The winner of the Monday battle will play in the championship game on Tuesday at the Bradley Center at 2:45 p.m. Cedarburg and University School of Milwaukee are the other Monday semifinalists.
AHS (8-3) needed just 11 seconds to score on Sunday as senior Nick Szalacinski fired in a rebound shot just in front of the Homestead net. Brian Berger and Colton Sweitzer shared the assist.
Tony Koehler added a second goal two minutes later and Colin Opay made it a 3-0 lead at the end of the opening period. Brady Vassar and Szalacinski added goals for Arrowhead later in the game
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts