Arrowhead's varsity boys hockey team opened play Sunday afternoon in the eight-team RBC Wealth Management Shootout at the Kern Center on the campus of MSOE in Milwaukee by scoring an easy 5-0 victory over Homestead.
The win vaulted the Warhawks into the semifinals on Monday at 1 p.m. at Wilson Park in Milwaukee. Arrowhead will play either Brookfield or Germantown. The winner of the Monday battle will play in the championship game on Tuesday at the Bradley Center at 2:45 p.m. Cedarburg and University School of Milwaukee are the other Monday semifinalists.
AHS (8-3) needed just 11 seconds to score on Sunday as senior Nick Szalacinski fired in a rebound shot just in front of the Homestead net. Brian Berger and Colton Sweitzer shared the assist.
Tony Koehler added a second goal two minutes later and Colin Opay made it a 3-0 lead at the end of the opening period. Brady Vassar and Szalacinski added goals for Arrowhead later in the game
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts