The Big Bend Village Board held a special board meeting tonight to discuss a letter for the residents and property owners in the Village regarding the decision by the Town of Vernon Board to dissolve the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department.
The letter, which was approved by the Board, provides a timeline based on Town and Village meeting minutes of what transpired leading up to Vernon's action to dissolve the fire department and will inform property owners where the Village stands regarding the issue at this time. The letter will go out to residents in the next few days.
The Big Bend Village Board will begin discussion on developing its own fire department at its Jan. 7 Board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Big Bend Village Hall.
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- Kettle Moraine High School nationally certified for PLTW (0)
- Oconomowoc couple charged with home break-in (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts