The Big Bend Village Board held a special board meeting tonight to discuss a letter for the residents and property owners in the Village regarding the decision by the Town of Vernon Board to dissolve the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department.
The letter, which was approved by the Board, provides a timeline based on Town and Village meeting minutes of what transpired leading up to Vernon's action to dissolve the fire department and will inform property owners where the Village stands regarding the issue at this time. The letter will go out to residents in the next few days.
The Big Bend Village Board will begin discussion on developing its own fire department at its Jan. 7 Board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Big Bend Village Hall.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts