The Big Bend Village Board held a special board meeting tonight to discuss a letter for the residents and property owners in the Village regarding the decision by the Town of Vernon Board to dissolve the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department.
The letter, which was approved by the Board, provides a timeline based on Town and Village meeting minutes of what transpired leading up to Vernon's action to dissolve the fire department and will inform property owners where the Village stands regarding the issue at this time. The letter will go out to residents in the next few days.
The Big Bend Village Board will begin discussion on developing its own fire department at its Jan. 7 Board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Big Bend Village Hall.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts