The Big Bend Village Board held a special board meeting tonight to discuss a letter for the residents and property owners in the Village regarding the decision by the Town of Vernon Board to dissolve the Big Bend/Vernon Fire Department.
The letter, which was approved by the Board, provides a timeline based on Town and Village meeting minutes of what transpired leading up to Vernon's action to dissolve the fire department and will inform property owners where the Village stands regarding the issue at this time. The letter will go out to residents in the next few days.
The Big Bend Village Board will begin discussion on developing its own fire department at its Jan. 7 Board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Big Bend Village Hall.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts