The Mukwonago girls basketball team scored the first 7 points of the game before New Berlin Eisenhower even attempted a shot, but the Lions were able to defeat the Indians on Tuesday in a battle of top programs, 53-52.
Morgan Lamberg buried a scrambling jumper with 3 seconds to play, but a foot on the 3-point line merited only 2 points, and Ike quickly inbounded to consume the remaining time.
Anna Hahn scored 17 points to lead Eisenhower (9-0). The junior post drew two quick fouls in the first quarter but stayed in the game and did not incur a third until late. Lamberg finished with 18 to pace the Indians (7-2), who have now dropped back-to-back games.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts