The Mukwonago girls basketball team scored the first 7 points of the game before New Berlin Eisenhower even attempted a shot, but the Lions were able to defeat the Indians on Tuesday in a battle of top programs, 53-52.
Morgan Lamberg buried a scrambling jumper with 3 seconds to play, but a foot on the 3-point line merited only 2 points, and Ike quickly inbounded to consume the remaining time.
Anna Hahn scored 17 points to lead Eisenhower (9-0). The junior post drew two quick fouls in the first quarter but stayed in the game and did not incur a third until late. Lamberg finished with 18 to pace the Indians (7-2), who have now dropped back-to-back games.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts