The Mukwonago girls basketball team scored the first 7 points of the game before New Berlin Eisenhower even attempted a shot, but the Lions were able to defeat the Indians on Tuesday in a battle of top programs, 53-52.
Morgan Lamberg buried a scrambling jumper with 3 seconds to play, but a foot on the 3-point line merited only 2 points, and Ike quickly inbounded to consume the remaining time.
Anna Hahn scored 17 points to lead Eisenhower (9-0). The junior post drew two quick fouls in the first quarter but stayed in the game and did not incur a third until late. Lamberg finished with 18 to pace the Indians (7-2), who have now dropped back-to-back games.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts