The Mukwonago girls basketball team scored the first 7 points of the game before New Berlin Eisenhower even attempted a shot, but the Lions were able to defeat the Indians on Tuesday in a battle of top programs, 53-52.
Morgan Lamberg buried a scrambling jumper with 3 seconds to play, but a foot on the 3-point line merited only 2 points, and Ike quickly inbounded to consume the remaining time.
Anna Hahn scored 17 points to lead Eisenhower (9-0). The junior post drew two quick fouls in the first quarter but stayed in the game and did not incur a third until late. Lamberg finished with 18 to pace the Indians (7-2), who have now dropped back-to-back games.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts