The Mukwonago girls basketball team scored the first 7 points of the game before New Berlin Eisenhower even attempted a shot, but the Lions were able to defeat the Indians on Tuesday in a battle of top programs, 53-52.
Morgan Lamberg buried a scrambling jumper with 3 seconds to play, but a foot on the 3-point line merited only 2 points, and Ike quickly inbounded to consume the remaining time.
Anna Hahn scored 17 points to lead Eisenhower (9-0). The junior post drew two quick fouls in the first quarter but stayed in the game and did not incur a third until late. Lamberg finished with 18 to pace the Indians (7-2), who have now dropped back-to-back games.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts