Village of Sussex - The honesty of a George Webb's waitress and the persistence of Waukesha County cops will hopefully make Christmas a little brighter for someone who was supposed get a cash gift.
Waitress Dawn DeWitt of Sussex was working at the George Webb Restaurant on Main Street in Sussex Christmas morning when she noticed an envelope on the floor near the entrance to the restaurant
She picked up the envelope and asked customers in the restuarant if it belong to them. After no one claimed it, the envelope was opened and $1,000 in cash was discovered inside, according to Waukesha County Detective Lt. William Deering.
DeWitt's supervisor Ceclia Arnold of Pewaukee notified the county sheriff's office of the incident and turned over the cash to authorities.
Deering said the county sheriff''s office is now seeking the individual who lost the envelope. Deering said the individual can contact the sheriff's office at 262-548-7122.
Deering said individuals claiming the money will have to provide a description of the envelope as well as the denomination of the bills.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts