Village of Sussex - The honesty of a George Webb's waitress and the persistence of Waukesha County cops will hopefully make Christmas a little brighter for someone who was supposed get a cash gift.
Waitress Dawn DeWitt of Sussex was working at the George Webb Restaurant on Main Street in Sussex Christmas morning when she noticed an envelope on the floor near the entrance to the restaurant
She picked up the envelope and asked customers in the restuarant if it belong to them. After no one claimed it, the envelope was opened and $1,000 in cash was discovered inside, according to Waukesha County Detective Lt. William Deering.
DeWitt's supervisor Ceclia Arnold of Pewaukee notified the county sheriff's office of the incident and turned over the cash to authorities.
Deering said the county sheriff''s office is now seeking the individual who lost the envelope. Deering said the individual can contact the sheriff's office at 262-548-7122.
Deering said individuals claiming the money will have to provide a description of the envelope as well as the denomination of the bills.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts