Village of Sussex - The honesty of a George Webb's waitress and the persistence of Waukesha County cops will hopefully make Christmas a little brighter for someone who was supposed get a cash gift.
Waitress Dawn DeWitt of Sussex was working at the George Webb Restaurant on Main Street in Sussex Christmas morning when she noticed an envelope on the floor near the entrance to the restaurant
She picked up the envelope and asked customers in the restuarant if it belong to them. After no one claimed it, the envelope was opened and $1,000 in cash was discovered inside, according to Waukesha County Detective Lt. William Deering.
DeWitt's supervisor Ceclia Arnold of Pewaukee notified the county sheriff's office of the incident and turned over the cash to authorities.
Deering said the county sheriff''s office is now seeking the individual who lost the envelope. Deering said the individual can contact the sheriff's office at 262-548-7122.
Deering said individuals claiming the money will have to provide a description of the envelope as well as the denomination of the bills.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts