Village of Sussex - The honesty of a George Webb's waitress and the persistence of Waukesha County cops will hopefully make Christmas a little brighter for someone who was supposed get a cash gift.
Waitress Dawn DeWitt of Sussex was working at the George Webb Restaurant on Main Street in Sussex Christmas morning when she noticed an envelope on the floor near the entrance to the restaurant
She picked up the envelope and asked customers in the restuarant if it belong to them. After no one claimed it, the envelope was opened and $1,000 in cash was discovered inside, according to Waukesha County Detective Lt. William Deering.
DeWitt's supervisor Ceclia Arnold of Pewaukee notified the county sheriff's office of the incident and turned over the cash to authorities.
Deering said the county sheriff''s office is now seeking the individual who lost the envelope. Deering said the individual can contact the sheriff's office at 262-548-7122.
Deering said individuals claiming the money will have to provide a description of the envelope as well as the denomination of the bills.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts