Thanks to some respectable foul shooting in the fourth quarter, Pewaukee's 16th ranked varsity girls basketball team defeated visiting St. Francis Tuesday in a key Woodland Cofnerence Blue Division game, 59-54.
The win vaulted the Pirates to 10-1 overall and 9-1 in league play. The Pirates now lead St. Francis by two games in conference play.
Pewaukee led 25-22 at halftime and remained in front throughout the second half.
Hannah Frett fired in 14 points to lead the Pirates. Shannon Kalamarz added 12 to that total and Emily Wirth and Jordyn Swan had 11 each.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts