Thanks to some respectable foul shooting in the fourth quarter, Pewaukee's 16th ranked varsity girls basketball team defeated visiting St. Francis Tuesday in a key Woodland Cofnerence Blue Division game, 59-54.
The win vaulted the Pirates to 10-1 overall and 9-1 in league play. The Pirates now lead St. Francis by two games in conference play.
Pewaukee led 25-22 at halftime and remained in front throughout the second half.
Hannah Frett fired in 14 points to lead the Pirates. Shannon Kalamarz added 12 to that total and Emily Wirth and Jordyn Swan had 11 each.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts