Thanks to some respectable foul shooting in the fourth quarter, Pewaukee's 16th ranked varsity girls basketball team defeated visiting St. Francis Tuesday in a key Woodland Cofnerence Blue Division game, 59-54.
The win vaulted the Pirates to 10-1 overall and 9-1 in league play. The Pirates now lead St. Francis by two games in conference play.
Pewaukee led 25-22 at halftime and remained in front throughout the second half.
Hannah Frett fired in 14 points to lead the Pirates. Shannon Kalamarz added 12 to that total and Emily Wirth and Jordyn Swan had 11 each.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts