Thanks to some respectable foul shooting in the fourth quarter, Pewaukee's 16th ranked varsity girls basketball team defeated visiting St. Francis Tuesday in a key Woodland Cofnerence Blue Division game, 59-54.
The win vaulted the Pirates to 10-1 overall and 9-1 in league play. The Pirates now lead St. Francis by two games in conference play.
Pewaukee led 25-22 at halftime and remained in front throughout the second half.
Hannah Frett fired in 14 points to lead the Pirates. Shannon Kalamarz added 12 to that total and Emily Wirth and Jordyn Swan had 11 each.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts