The Mukwonago girls basketball team took a lead as large as 20 points in the second half and held off one of the area's elite teams in Muskego on Tuesday, 67-56.
Emily Romdenne and Shannon Perez each scored 17 points for MHS (10-2), which has three straight wins after back-to-back losses over the Christmas break. Muskego fell to 8-2 and saw the end of its eight-game winning streak.
The Indians jumped out to a 13-4 start and held a 40-20 lead in the second half at the conclusion of a 13-0 run, but Muskego battled back within 11 by the end of the third quarter and as close as 7 points in the fourth. MHS hit 27 of 33 from the free-throw line.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts