The Mukwonago girls basketball team took a lead as large as 20 points in the second half and held off one of the area's elite teams in Muskego on Tuesday, 67-56.
Emily Romdenne and Shannon Perez each scored 17 points for MHS (10-2), which has three straight wins after back-to-back losses over the Christmas break. Muskego fell to 8-2 and saw the end of its eight-game winning streak.
The Indians jumped out to a 13-4 start and held a 40-20 lead in the second half at the conclusion of a 13-0 run, but Muskego battled back within 11 by the end of the third quarter and as close as 7 points in the fourth. MHS hit 27 of 33 from the free-throw line.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts