The Mukwonago girls basketball team took a lead as large as 20 points in the second half and held off one of the area's elite teams in Muskego on Tuesday, 67-56.
Emily Romdenne and Shannon Perez each scored 17 points for MHS (10-2), which has three straight wins after back-to-back losses over the Christmas break. Muskego fell to 8-2 and saw the end of its eight-game winning streak.
The Indians jumped out to a 13-4 start and held a 40-20 lead in the second half at the conclusion of a 13-0 run, but Muskego battled back within 11 by the end of the third quarter and as close as 7 points in the fourth. MHS hit 27 of 33 from the free-throw line.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts