The Mukwonago girls basketball team took a lead as large as 20 points in the second half and held off one of the area's elite teams in Muskego on Tuesday, 67-56.
Emily Romdenne and Shannon Perez each scored 17 points for MHS (10-2), which has three straight wins after back-to-back losses over the Christmas break. Muskego fell to 8-2 and saw the end of its eight-game winning streak.
The Indians jumped out to a 13-4 start and held a 40-20 lead in the second half at the conclusion of a 13-0 run, but Muskego battled back within 11 by the end of the third quarter and as close as 7 points in the fourth. MHS hit 27 of 33 from the free-throw line.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts