Police have captured and arrested Justin Patrick Welch in Oklahoma.
The 26-year-old man who is accused of murdering Kim Smith in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1, escaped from custody yesterday morning in Arkansas on his way back to Wisconsin.
Welch was apprehended in a stolen semi-truck that had been pulled over by police. No other details were available at this time.
"We're so relieved. There are a lot of happy faces here," said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
Beguhn said District Attorney Brad Schimel will have to work out the details of the next steps related to getting Welch back to Wisconsin, including the additional charges related to the escape and the second stolen vehicle.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts