Police have captured and arrested Justin Patrick Welch in Oklahoma.
The 26-year-old man who is accused of murdering Kim Smith in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1, escaped from custody yesterday morning in Arkansas on his way back to Wisconsin.
Welch was apprehended in a stolen semi-truck that had been pulled over by police. No other details were available at this time.
"We're so relieved. There are a lot of happy faces here," said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
Beguhn said District Attorney Brad Schimel will have to work out the details of the next steps related to getting Welch back to Wisconsin, including the additional charges related to the escape and the second stolen vehicle.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts