Police have captured and arrested Justin Patrick Welch in Oklahoma.
The 26-year-old man who is accused of murdering Kim Smith in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1, escaped from custody yesterday morning in Arkansas on his way back to Wisconsin.
Welch was apprehended in a stolen semi-truck that had been pulled over by police. No other details were available at this time.
"We're so relieved. There are a lot of happy faces here," said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
Beguhn said District Attorney Brad Schimel will have to work out the details of the next steps related to getting Welch back to Wisconsin, including the additional charges related to the escape and the second stolen vehicle.
- Hearing postponed in Rural Home Cemetery case (0)
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts