Police have captured and arrested Justin Patrick Welch in Oklahoma.
The 26-year-old man who is accused of murdering Kim Smith in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1, escaped from custody yesterday morning in Arkansas on his way back to Wisconsin.
Welch was apprehended in a stolen semi-truck that had been pulled over by police. No other details were available at this time.
"We're so relieved. There are a lot of happy faces here," said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
Beguhn said District Attorney Brad Schimel will have to work out the details of the next steps related to getting Welch back to Wisconsin, including the additional charges related to the escape and the second stolen vehicle.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts