Police have captured and arrested Justin Patrick Welch in Oklahoma.
The 26-year-old man who is accused of murdering Kim Smith in her Oconomowoc home Oct. 1, escaped from custody yesterday morning in Arkansas on his way back to Wisconsin.
Welch was apprehended in a stolen semi-truck that had been pulled over by police. No other details were available at this time.
"We're so relieved. There are a lot of happy faces here," said City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn.
Beguhn said District Attorney Brad Schimel will have to work out the details of the next steps related to getting Welch back to Wisconsin, including the additional charges related to the escape and the second stolen vehicle.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts