Rebecca Kleefisch, wife of 38th District Assemblyman Joel Kleefisch, is reportedly planning to run for lieutenant governor.
In the Stepping Right Up blog on blogspot.com, a post purportedly written by Kleefisch says, "I have filed my papers to become a lieutenant governor candidate." That could not be confirmed with the state. Kleefisch declined to comment.
The post says, "Combine my private sector marketing expertise with our future Republican governor's public-sector success and you have a ticket with broad life experience, and the best CEO and VP of marketing Wisconsin could get! That's how I see these jobs: while the governor fixes the business climate of our state as our CEO, we need our lt. governor, our marketing VP, working on the marketing efforts to let job creators know, 'Wisconsin is open for business again!"'"
In the post, Kleefisch lists her qualifications, saying, "With me, what you see is what you get: a dose of kitchen table common sense from a marketing contractor/TEA party speaker/political watchdog/mom!" She has spoken at numerous "tea parties" throughout the state; video is available on YouTube.
Kleefisch, 34, of Oconomowoc, is a former reporter and anchor for WISN Channel 12 news in Milwaukee.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts