Rebecca Kleefisch, wife of 38th District Assemblyman Joel Kleefisch, is reportedly planning to run for lieutenant governor.
In the Stepping Right Up blog on blogspot.com, a post purportedly written by Kleefisch says, "I have filed my papers to become a lieutenant governor candidate." That could not be confirmed with the state. Kleefisch declined to comment.
The post says, "Combine my private sector marketing expertise with our future Republican governor's public-sector success and you have a ticket with broad life experience, and the best CEO and VP of marketing Wisconsin could get! That's how I see these jobs: while the governor fixes the business climate of our state as our CEO, we need our lt. governor, our marketing VP, working on the marketing efforts to let job creators know, 'Wisconsin is open for business again!"'"
In the post, Kleefisch lists her qualifications, saying, "With me, what you see is what you get: a dose of kitchen table common sense from a marketing contractor/TEA party speaker/political watchdog/mom!" She has spoken at numerous "tea parties" throughout the state; video is available on YouTube.
Kleefisch, 34, of Oconomowoc, is a former reporter and anchor for WISN Channel 12 news in Milwaukee.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts