Accused murderer Justin Patrick Welch has been returned to Wisconsin and is currently incarcerated in the Waukesha County Jail.
City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn, along with Lt. Ron Buerger and Detective Mike Tool of Waukesha County, arranged to meet with Oklahoma authorities in Missouri, where Welch was handed over for transport.
Wisconsin law enforcement officials left Waukesha last night about 9 p.m. and took custody of Welch at 5 a.m., just returning home a short time ago.Police say Welch was cooperative during the trip back to Wisconsin.
Police noticed his right hand was swollen, which Welch claimed happened when he was taken into custody in Oklahoma. He was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he received medical clearance before being taken to the county jail.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts