Accused murderer Justin Patrick Welch has been returned to Wisconsin and is currently incarcerated in the Waukesha County Jail.
City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn, along with Lt. Ron Buerger and Detective Mike Tool of Waukesha County, arranged to meet with Oklahoma authorities in Missouri, where Welch was handed over for transport.
Wisconsin law enforcement officials left Waukesha last night about 9 p.m. and took custody of Welch at 5 a.m., just returning home a short time ago.Police say Welch was cooperative during the trip back to Wisconsin.
Police noticed his right hand was swollen, which Welch claimed happened when he was taken into custody in Oklahoma. He was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he received medical clearance before being taken to the county jail.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts