Accused murderer Justin Patrick Welch has been returned to Wisconsin and is currently incarcerated in the Waukesha County Jail.
City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn, along with Lt. Ron Buerger and Detective Mike Tool of Waukesha County, arranged to meet with Oklahoma authorities in Missouri, where Welch was handed over for transport.
Wisconsin law enforcement officials left Waukesha last night about 9 p.m. and took custody of Welch at 5 a.m., just returning home a short time ago.Police say Welch was cooperative during the trip back to Wisconsin.
Police noticed his right hand was swollen, which Welch claimed happened when he was taken into custody in Oklahoma. He was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he received medical clearance before being taken to the county jail.
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts