Accused murderer Justin Patrick Welch has been returned to Wisconsin and is currently incarcerated in the Waukesha County Jail.
City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn, along with Lt. Ron Buerger and Detective Mike Tool of Waukesha County, arranged to meet with Oklahoma authorities in Missouri, where Welch was handed over for transport.
Wisconsin law enforcement officials left Waukesha last night about 9 p.m. and took custody of Welch at 5 a.m., just returning home a short time ago.Police say Welch was cooperative during the trip back to Wisconsin.
Police noticed his right hand was swollen, which Welch claimed happened when he was taken into custody in Oklahoma. He was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he received medical clearance before being taken to the county jail.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts