Accused murderer Justin Patrick Welch has been returned to Wisconsin and is currently incarcerated in the Waukesha County Jail.
City of Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn, along with Lt. Ron Buerger and Detective Mike Tool of Waukesha County, arranged to meet with Oklahoma authorities in Missouri, where Welch was handed over for transport.
Wisconsin law enforcement officials left Waukesha last night about 9 p.m. and took custody of Welch at 5 a.m., just returning home a short time ago.Police say Welch was cooperative during the trip back to Wisconsin.
Police noticed his right hand was swollen, which Welch claimed happened when he was taken into custody in Oklahoma. He was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital where he received medical clearance before being taken to the county jail.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts