TJ Bray hit a monster 3-pointer with roughly 1 minute to play and broke a 56-all tie, and Catholic Memorial held on for an electric 67-61 win at Arrowhead in a Friday battle for Classic 8 supremacy.
Both boys basketball teams came into the meeting with identical 5-0 league records. CMH led nearly throughout the contest, buoyed by 29 points from Bray on 8-of-14 shooting.
Three players finished in double figures for the Warhawks, including Russ Finco (12), who drove for an old-fashioned 3-point play to tie the score just before Bray's big basket.
Memorial's Derek Schell and Arrowhead's Charles Rushman traded 3-pointers in the final seconds, but Mitch Schultz hit 1 of 2 free throws on the ensuing possession and Arrowhead never got within one possession again.
Ben Mills finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Derek Schell added 16 points for Memorial.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts