TJ Bray hit a monster 3-pointer with roughly 1 minute to play and broke a 56-all tie, and Catholic Memorial held on for an electric 67-61 win at Arrowhead in a Friday battle for Classic 8 supremacy.
Both boys basketball teams came into the meeting with identical 5-0 league records. CMH led nearly throughout the contest, buoyed by 29 points from Bray on 8-of-14 shooting.
Three players finished in double figures for the Warhawks, including Russ Finco (12), who drove for an old-fashioned 3-point play to tie the score just before Bray's big basket.
Memorial's Derek Schell and Arrowhead's Charles Rushman traded 3-pointers in the final seconds, but Mitch Schultz hit 1 of 2 free throws on the ensuing possession and Arrowhead never got within one possession again.
Ben Mills finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Derek Schell added 16 points for Memorial.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts