Jordyn Swan scored all 13 of her points in the first half, and Shannon Kalamarz scored all 14 of hers in the second half as the Pewaukee girls basketball team held off Cudahy in a Woodland Conference clash Friday, 56-47.
The Pirates moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. Figuring to challenge the Pirates for dominance in the Woodland Blue Division, Cudahy fell three games back of Pewaukee in the loss column.
Taylor Gradinjan, the conference's leading scorer, was held to zero field goals and just 5 points in the first half. She finished with 19, including a 3-pointer that pulled the Packers within 4 points at the 1:51 mark in the fourth quarter -- though that would be the closest Cudahy would get.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts