Jordyn Swan scored all 13 of her points in the first half, and Shannon Kalamarz scored all 14 of hers in the second half as the Pewaukee girls basketball team held off Cudahy in a Woodland Conference clash Friday, 56-47.
The Pirates moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. Figuring to challenge the Pirates for dominance in the Woodland Blue Division, Cudahy fell three games back of Pewaukee in the loss column.
Taylor Gradinjan, the conference's leading scorer, was held to zero field goals and just 5 points in the first half. She finished with 19, including a 3-pointer that pulled the Packers within 4 points at the 1:51 mark in the fourth quarter -- though that would be the closest Cudahy would get.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts