Jordyn Swan scored all 13 of her points in the first half, and Shannon Kalamarz scored all 14 of hers in the second half as the Pewaukee girls basketball team held off Cudahy in a Woodland Conference clash Friday, 56-47.
The Pirates moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. Figuring to challenge the Pirates for dominance in the Woodland Blue Division, Cudahy fell three games back of Pewaukee in the loss column.
Taylor Gradinjan, the conference's leading scorer, was held to zero field goals and just 5 points in the first half. She finished with 19, including a 3-pointer that pulled the Packers within 4 points at the 1:51 mark in the fourth quarter -- though that would be the closest Cudahy would get.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts