Jordyn Swan scored all 13 of her points in the first half, and Shannon Kalamarz scored all 14 of hers in the second half as the Pewaukee girls basketball team held off Cudahy in a Woodland Conference clash Friday, 56-47.
The Pirates moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. Figuring to challenge the Pirates for dominance in the Woodland Blue Division, Cudahy fell three games back of Pewaukee in the loss column.
Taylor Gradinjan, the conference's leading scorer, was held to zero field goals and just 5 points in the first half. She finished with 19, including a 3-pointer that pulled the Packers within 4 points at the 1:51 mark in the fourth quarter -- though that would be the closest Cudahy would get.
- Butler cop charged with misconduct (0)
- Palmyra Eagle Athletic Boosters fundraiser Saturday (0)
- Pewaukee man accused of molesting 10-year-old niece (0)
- Gateway development clears Oconomowoc Plan Commission (0)
- Protest against "Indian" team name planned before Mukwonago state game (0)
- Bomb squad responds to Eagle home (0)
- Hearing postponed in Rural Home Cemetery case (0)
- Sheriff's lieutenant resigns, state authorities refer charges to D.A. (0)
- Simple Hope packathon held at Mukwonago High School (0)
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts