Jordyn Swan scored all 13 of her points in the first half, and Shannon Kalamarz scored all 14 of hers in the second half as the Pewaukee girls basketball team held off Cudahy in a Woodland Conference clash Friday, 56-47.
The Pirates moved to 11-1 overall and 10-1 in conference. Figuring to challenge the Pirates for dominance in the Woodland Blue Division, Cudahy fell three games back of Pewaukee in the loss column.
Taylor Gradinjan, the conference's leading scorer, was held to zero field goals and just 5 points in the first half. She finished with 19, including a 3-pointer that pulled the Packers within 4 points at the 1:51 mark in the fourth quarter -- though that would be the closest Cudahy would get.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts