Led by a 25-point, 13-rebound performance by 7-foot-1 senior center Ben Mills, Arrowhead's varsity boys basketball team rallied in the second half to score an impressive 73-52 nonconference victory over host Kenosha Bradford Tuesday night.
The two teams were deadlocked at 31 at halftime. In the second half, the AHS defense held the Red Devils to just 21 points while scoring 42 themselves.
Besides Mills, the Warhawks also got a career-best 11 points from defensive specialist Michael Skarie. Russ Finco had 9 points and point guard Andy Fox had 5 points, six assists, four steals while making just one turnover.
AHS improved to 12-2 with the win. Bradford fell to 8-6 with the loss.
Arrowhead (6-1) will host Waukesha West (4-3) in a key Classic 8 Conference game Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts