Led by a 25-point, 13-rebound performance by 7-foot-1 senior center Ben Mills, Arrowhead's varsity boys basketball team rallied in the second half to score an impressive 73-52 nonconference victory over host Kenosha Bradford Tuesday night.
The two teams were deadlocked at 31 at halftime. In the second half, the AHS defense held the Red Devils to just 21 points while scoring 42 themselves.
Besides Mills, the Warhawks also got a career-best 11 points from defensive specialist Michael Skarie. Russ Finco had 9 points and point guard Andy Fox had 5 points, six assists, four steals while making just one turnover.
AHS improved to 12-2 with the win. Bradford fell to 8-6 with the loss.
Arrowhead (6-1) will host Waukesha West (4-3) in a key Classic 8 Conference game Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts