Led by a 25-point, 13-rebound performance by 7-foot-1 senior center Ben Mills, Arrowhead's varsity boys basketball team rallied in the second half to score an impressive 73-52 nonconference victory over host Kenosha Bradford Tuesday night.
The two teams were deadlocked at 31 at halftime. In the second half, the AHS defense held the Red Devils to just 21 points while scoring 42 themselves.
Besides Mills, the Warhawks also got a career-best 11 points from defensive specialist Michael Skarie. Russ Finco had 9 points and point guard Andy Fox had 5 points, six assists, four steals while making just one turnover.
AHS improved to 12-2 with the win. Bradford fell to 8-6 with the loss.
Arrowhead (6-1) will host Waukesha West (4-3) in a key Classic 8 Conference game Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts