In a battle of two 5-0 teams in the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference, Beaver Dam held serve on its home court and defeated the Oconomowoc girls basketball team on Thursday, 46-35.
The tide turned at the start of the second quarter, when the Beavers made use of a trapping defense and went on a 13-2 run to take a 24-10 advantage.
Sophomore guard Mandy Prom scored 11 of her 15 points for Cooney in the second half, pulling her team back within single digits on multiple occasions. But the Raccoons never moved closer than 8 points the rest of the night.
OHS (7-6, 5-1) will face Beaver Dam (13-1, 6-0) again at home on March 1.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts