In a battle of two 5-0 teams in the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference, Beaver Dam held serve on its home court and defeated the Oconomowoc girls basketball team on Thursday, 46-35.
The tide turned at the start of the second quarter, when the Beavers made use of a trapping defense and went on a 13-2 run to take a 24-10 advantage.
Sophomore guard Mandy Prom scored 11 of her 15 points for Cooney in the second half, pulling her team back within single digits on multiple occasions. But the Raccoons never moved closer than 8 points the rest of the night.
OHS (7-6, 5-1) will face Beaver Dam (13-1, 6-0) again at home on March 1.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts