In a battle of two 5-0 teams in the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference, Beaver Dam held serve on its home court and defeated the Oconomowoc girls basketball team on Thursday, 46-35.
The tide turned at the start of the second quarter, when the Beavers made use of a trapping defense and went on a 13-2 run to take a 24-10 advantage.
Sophomore guard Mandy Prom scored 11 of her 15 points for Cooney in the second half, pulling her team back within single digits on multiple occasions. But the Raccoons never moved closer than 8 points the rest of the night.
OHS (7-6, 5-1) will face Beaver Dam (13-1, 6-0) again at home on March 1.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts