In a battle of two 5-0 teams in the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference, Beaver Dam held serve on its home court and defeated the Oconomowoc girls basketball team on Thursday, 46-35.
The tide turned at the start of the second quarter, when the Beavers made use of a trapping defense and went on a 13-2 run to take a 24-10 advantage.
Sophomore guard Mandy Prom scored 11 of her 15 points for Cooney in the second half, pulling her team back within single digits on multiple occasions. But the Raccoons never moved closer than 8 points the rest of the night.
OHS (7-6, 5-1) will face Beaver Dam (13-1, 6-0) again at home on March 1.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts