In a battle of two 5-0 teams in the Wisconsin Little Ten Conference, Beaver Dam held serve on its home court and defeated the Oconomowoc girls basketball team on Thursday, 46-35.
The tide turned at the start of the second quarter, when the Beavers made use of a trapping defense and went on a 13-2 run to take a 24-10 advantage.
Sophomore guard Mandy Prom scored 11 of her 15 points for Cooney in the second half, pulling her team back within single digits on multiple occasions. But the Raccoons never moved closer than 8 points the rest of the night.
OHS (7-6, 5-1) will face Beaver Dam (13-1, 6-0) again at home on March 1.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts