The Pewaukee girls basketball team scored a landmark victory Saturday night with a 59-52 win over New Berlin Eisenhower, which came into the colossal Woodland Conference clash with a 14-0 overall record.
Pewaukee (13-1) hit 27 of 34 from the free throw line, with most of that damage incurred by Jordyn Swan. The team's leading scorer did not have any points until the fourth quarter, when a 3-pointer gave her team a 40-33 lead early in the period. At one point, Swan took 14 consecutive free-throw attempts for the Pirates and made 11 of those, finishing with 15 points.
Eisenhower pulled within 4 points as close as 4 points in the final moments but never had a crack at a game-tying basket.
The Lions fell behind in the first quarter, 11-2, before bursting out to a 16-0 run to take an 18-11 lead over the Pirates. Pewaukee answered with its own 8-0 run to re-claim the lead, and the two teams were tight thereafter.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts