Pewaukee surrendered a 15-point lead in the second half but still had enough to hold off New Berlin West on Tuesday, taking a 58-55 victory on the road.
The matchup of 10-2 teams was a feud for control of first place in the Woodland Conference Blue Division. Tyler Hanson scored 7 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, including a trio of free throws in the final 20 seconds. West leading scorer Chad Mathwig couldn't hit a potential game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Matt Dabney added 14 points for the Pirates.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts