Pewaukee surrendered a 15-point lead in the second half but still had enough to hold off New Berlin West on Tuesday, taking a 58-55 victory on the road.
The matchup of 10-2 teams was a feud for control of first place in the Woodland Conference Blue Division. Tyler Hanson scored 7 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, including a trio of free throws in the final 20 seconds. West leading scorer Chad Mathwig couldn't hit a potential game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Matt Dabney added 14 points for the Pirates.
- Fatal crash in Town of Mukwonago Tuesday evening (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts