Pewaukee surrendered a 15-point lead in the second half but still had enough to hold off New Berlin West on Tuesday, taking a 58-55 victory on the road.
The matchup of 10-2 teams was a feud for control of first place in the Woodland Conference Blue Division. Tyler Hanson scored 7 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, including a trio of free throws in the final 20 seconds. West leading scorer Chad Mathwig couldn't hit a potential game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Matt Dabney added 14 points for the Pirates.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts