Mukwonago was unable to avenge its lone league loss of the year and fell out of a tie for first place after a 42-27 defeat at the hands of Milwaukee Pius in girls basketball action Friday.
Pius defeated MHS in their first meeting, 50-32, though the schools entered the meeting tied with 8-1 conference records. But a taller, more physical Pius hit a trio of 3-pointers as part of a 17-5 run to start the game, and though MHS clawed back within 4 points at one point, the Popes were never truly threatened in the second half.
Emily Romdenne scored 9 points to lead Mukwonago. Terri Bender (13) and Tierra Bender (11) led the Pius charge.
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- Hy. 16 near Pewaukee closed (0)
- T-shirt sale helps support Special Olympics (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts