Mukwonago was unable to avenge its lone league loss of the year and fell out of a tie for first place after a 42-27 defeat at the hands of Milwaukee Pius in girls basketball action Friday.
Pius defeated MHS in their first meeting, 50-32, though the schools entered the meeting tied with 8-1 conference records. But a taller, more physical Pius hit a trio of 3-pointers as part of a 17-5 run to start the game, and though MHS clawed back within 4 points at one point, the Popes were never truly threatened in the second half.
Emily Romdenne scored 9 points to lead Mukwonago. Terri Bender (13) and Tierra Bender (11) led the Pius charge.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts