Mukwonago was unable to avenge its lone league loss of the year and fell out of a tie for first place after a 42-27 defeat at the hands of Milwaukee Pius in girls basketball action Friday.
Pius defeated MHS in their first meeting, 50-32, though the schools entered the meeting tied with 8-1 conference records. But a taller, more physical Pius hit a trio of 3-pointers as part of a 17-5 run to start the game, and though MHS clawed back within 4 points at one point, the Popes were never truly threatened in the second half.
Emily Romdenne scored 9 points to lead Mukwonago. Terri Bender (13) and Tierra Bender (11) led the Pius charge.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts