Mukwonago was unable to avenge its lone league loss of the year and fell out of a tie for first place after a 42-27 defeat at the hands of Milwaukee Pius in girls basketball action Friday.
Pius defeated MHS in their first meeting, 50-32, though the schools entered the meeting tied with 8-1 conference records. But a taller, more physical Pius hit a trio of 3-pointers as part of a 17-5 run to start the game, and though MHS clawed back within 4 points at one point, the Popes were never truly threatened in the second half.
Emily Romdenne scored 9 points to lead Mukwonago. Terri Bender (13) and Tierra Bender (11) led the Pius charge.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts