Mukwonago was unable to avenge its lone league loss of the year and fell out of a tie for first place after a 42-27 defeat at the hands of Milwaukee Pius in girls basketball action Friday.
Pius defeated MHS in their first meeting, 50-32, though the schools entered the meeting tied with 8-1 conference records. But a taller, more physical Pius hit a trio of 3-pointers as part of a 17-5 run to start the game, and though MHS clawed back within 4 points at one point, the Popes were never truly threatened in the second half.
Emily Romdenne scored 9 points to lead Mukwonago. Terri Bender (13) and Tierra Bender (11) led the Pius charge.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts