Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team made 15 of 18 free throws in the fourth quarter Friday night and defeated visiting Brown Deer in a Woodland Conference game, 49-46.
The win clinched the divisional title for Pewaukee with a 14-1 record. It's the third league crown in the last six years for the Pirates. PHS is 16-1 overall.
Emily Wirth fired in 15 points to lead the winners, inlcuding converting a three-point play late in the game which vaulted Pewaukee to the win. Shannon Kalamarz added 7 points for PHS.
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts