Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team made 15 of 18 free throws in the fourth quarter Friday night and defeated visiting Brown Deer in a Woodland Conference game, 49-46.
The win clinched the divisional title for Pewaukee with a 14-1 record. It's the third league crown in the last six years for the Pirates. PHS is 16-1 overall.
Emily Wirth fired in 15 points to lead the winners, inlcuding converting a three-point play late in the game which vaulted Pewaukee to the win. Shannon Kalamarz added 7 points for PHS.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts