Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team made 15 of 18 free throws in the fourth quarter Friday night and defeated visiting Brown Deer in a Woodland Conference game, 49-46.
The win clinched the divisional title for Pewaukee with a 14-1 record. It's the third league crown in the last six years for the Pirates. PHS is 16-1 overall.
Emily Wirth fired in 15 points to lead the winners, inlcuding converting a three-point play late in the game which vaulted Pewaukee to the win. Shannon Kalamarz added 7 points for PHS.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts