Pewaukee's varsity girls basketball team made 15 of 18 free throws in the fourth quarter Friday night and defeated visiting Brown Deer in a Woodland Conference game, 49-46.
The win clinched the divisional title for Pewaukee with a 14-1 record. It's the third league crown in the last six years for the Pirates. PHS is 16-1 overall.
Emily Wirth fired in 15 points to lead the winners, inlcuding converting a three-point play late in the game which vaulted Pewaukee to the win. Shannon Kalamarz added 7 points for PHS.
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts