Lake Country Lutheran was ahead by 17 points in the first half, but had to nurse a 3-point 52-49 lead on Saturday at home against Beaver Dam Wayland Academy on Saturday.
The Lightning varsity girls basketball team held off The Big Red 54-49 in a Midwest Classic Conference game, avenging an earlier loss.
The win put the Lightning in control of its own destiny the rest of the way in the Midwest Classic Conference.
Emily Dufek had 24 points and nine rebounds for the winners. Emily Warnke had 8 points and seven rebounds for Lake Country Lutheran.
Jamie Schnuck had 6 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
"We were in foul trouble late in the game, I think that was our biggest concern and Wayland really started playing once they got down in the second half," Janet Bahr, Lake Country Lutheran's head coach said.
Brie Medley scored 16 points for The Big Red. Anne Rauschert had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts