Lake Country Lutheran was ahead by 17 points in the first half, but had to nurse a 3-point 52-49 lead on Saturday at home against Beaver Dam Wayland Academy on Saturday.
The Lightning varsity girls basketball team held off The Big Red 54-49 in a Midwest Classic Conference game, avenging an earlier loss.
The win put the Lightning in control of its own destiny the rest of the way in the Midwest Classic Conference.
Emily Dufek had 24 points and nine rebounds for the winners. Emily Warnke had 8 points and seven rebounds for Lake Country Lutheran.
Jamie Schnuck had 6 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
"We were in foul trouble late in the game, I think that was our biggest concern and Wayland really started playing once they got down in the second half," Janet Bahr, Lake Country Lutheran's head coach said.
Brie Medley scored 16 points for The Big Red. Anne Rauschert had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007