Lake Country Lutheran was ahead by 17 points in the first half, but had to nurse a 3-point 52-49 lead on Saturday at home against Beaver Dam Wayland Academy on Saturday.
The Lightning varsity girls basketball team held off The Big Red 54-49 in a Midwest Classic Conference game, avenging an earlier loss.
The win put the Lightning in control of its own destiny the rest of the way in the Midwest Classic Conference.
Emily Dufek had 24 points and nine rebounds for the winners. Emily Warnke had 8 points and seven rebounds for Lake Country Lutheran.
Jamie Schnuck had 6 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
"We were in foul trouble late in the game, I think that was our biggest concern and Wayland really started playing once they got down in the second half," Janet Bahr, Lake Country Lutheran's head coach said.
Brie Medley scored 16 points for The Big Red. Anne Rauschert had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007