Tim O'Driscoll, 61, longtime varsity boys baseball coach at Arrowhead High School, was named the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association's 2009 Coach of the Year Saturday night at the group's 40th annual banquet held at the Marriott Hotel in Middleton.
O'Driscoll, the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School history with a 742-334 mark, also was named the Central Section Coach of the Year. O'Driscoll is the first Wisconsin coach to win the Section award. The Central Section includes the states of Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota.
He led the Warhawks to the state title last August. AHS was 34-5 last year, including a 21-0 mark in the Classic 8 Confernece. It was the first undefeated season in the 12-year history of the league.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts