Tim O'Driscoll, 61, longtime varsity boys baseball coach at Arrowhead High School, was named the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association's 2009 Coach of the Year Saturday night at the group's 40th annual banquet held at the Marriott Hotel in Middleton.
O'Driscoll, the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School history with a 742-334 mark, also was named the Central Section Coach of the Year. O'Driscoll is the first Wisconsin coach to win the Section award. The Central Section includes the states of Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota.
He led the Warhawks to the state title last August. AHS was 34-5 last year, including a 21-0 mark in the Classic 8 Confernece. It was the first undefeated season in the 12-year history of the league.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts