Tim O'Driscoll, 61, longtime varsity boys baseball coach at Arrowhead High School, was named the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association's 2009 Coach of the Year Saturday night at the group's 40th annual banquet held at the Marriott Hotel in Middleton.
O'Driscoll, the winningest coach in Wisconsin High School history with a 742-334 mark, also was named the Central Section Coach of the Year. O'Driscoll is the first Wisconsin coach to win the Section award. The Central Section includes the states of Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota.
He led the Warhawks to the state title last August. AHS was 34-5 last year, including a 21-0 mark in the Classic 8 Confernece. It was the first undefeated season in the 12-year history of the league.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts