Enjoying a 25 for 37 night at the free throw line, Arrowhead pulled away from Hamilton when the two girls basketball teams clashed Monday in Sussex.
Jessica Goetz scored 11 points, including a bank shot from the block in the fourth quarter that gave the Warhawks a comfortable 31-24 lead and capped a quick 6-0 run. Prior to then, the Chargers had pulled within 25-24 but couldn't get back to even, despite four free-throw attempts in that stretch.
The nonconference win snapped Arrowhead's three-game losing streak. Arrowhead trailed at 5-4 and then took the lead for good, though never by double digits until a late series of free throws.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts