Enjoying a 25 for 37 night at the free throw line, Arrowhead pulled away from Hamilton when the two girls basketball teams clashed Monday in Sussex.
Jessica Goetz scored 11 points, including a bank shot from the block in the fourth quarter that gave the Warhawks a comfortable 31-24 lead and capped a quick 6-0 run. Prior to then, the Chargers had pulled within 25-24 but couldn't get back to even, despite four free-throw attempts in that stretch.
The nonconference win snapped Arrowhead's three-game losing streak. Arrowhead trailed at 5-4 and then took the lead for good, though never by double digits until a late series of free throws.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts