Enjoying a 25 for 37 night at the free throw line, Arrowhead pulled away from Hamilton when the two girls basketball teams clashed Monday in Sussex.
Jessica Goetz scored 11 points, including a bank shot from the block in the fourth quarter that gave the Warhawks a comfortable 31-24 lead and capped a quick 6-0 run. Prior to then, the Chargers had pulled within 25-24 but couldn't get back to even, despite four free-throw attempts in that stretch.
The nonconference win snapped Arrowhead's three-game losing streak. Arrowhead trailed at 5-4 and then took the lead for good, though never by double digits until a late series of free throws.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts