Firefighters from the Village of Dousman responded to a call at 12:52 a.m. this morning for a house fire at 37471 Stillwater Drive in the Town of Summit. No injuries were reported in the blaze that early estimates peg at $1 million in damages.
Deputy Chief Tim Meyer said it appears the fire started in the garage of the home and quickly spread to the two-story home with a walk out basement. Ashes from the fireplace were put in the garage, according to information the department received from dispatch, but it has not yet been determined if that was the cause. Three vehicles were lost in the fire.
The residence was located in a portion of the Town of Summit covered by the Village of Dousman Fire District. The incident, believed to be accidental in nature, is under investigation. Mutual aid was received from 10 departments.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts