The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago varsity boys hockey team stunned No. 2 seeded Waukesha Catholic Memorial/Milwaukee Pius Thursday night at Eble Park in Brookfield in the WIAA regional championship game, 4-3.
KM/Mukwonago came into the game seeded No. 7 in the 12-school sectional.
CMH, which had not lost in its last eight games, inlcuding a 3-2 over KM/Mukwonago last week, gave up three unanswered goals to the Lasers in the second period, fell behind 4-1 and couldn't catch up in the final period.
KM will now advance to the sectional on Tuesday, Feb. 23. That game could be played against No. 3 seeded Waukesha.
Afetr the two teams battled to a 1-1 deadlock in the first period, KM/Mukwonago got goals from Mitch Ellena, Justin Yute and Austin Kreinz to pull away to a 4-1 lead going into the final period. CMH scored twice in the third period, but it was too little too late to catch the Lasers.
Greg Simandl had the first goal for KM. Tyler Platz had 35 saves for the winners in the goal.
- Christmas in Eagle Friday night (0)
- Update on armed robbery in Sussex (0)
- Armed robbery at Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Police surround Associated Bank in Sussex (0)
- Big Bend to host first holiday event Friday (0)
- Water clean-up close Lake Country Lutheran for the day (0)
- Mukwonago woman sentenced for $250k theft from Brookfield business (0)
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007