The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago varsity boys hockey team stunned No. 2 seeded Waukesha Catholic Memorial/Milwaukee Pius Thursday night at Eble Park in Brookfield in the WIAA regional championship game, 4-3.
KM/Mukwonago came into the game seeded No. 7 in the 12-school sectional.
CMH, which had not lost in its last eight games, inlcuding a 3-2 over KM/Mukwonago last week, gave up three unanswered goals to the Lasers in the second period, fell behind 4-1 and couldn't catch up in the final period.
KM will now advance to the sectional on Tuesday, Feb. 23. That game could be played against No. 3 seeded Waukesha.
Afetr the two teams battled to a 1-1 deadlock in the first period, KM/Mukwonago got goals from Mitch Ellena, Justin Yute and Austin Kreinz to pull away to a 4-1 lead going into the final period. CMH scored twice in the third period, but it was too little too late to catch the Lasers.
Greg Simandl had the first goal for KM. Tyler Platz had 35 saves for the winners in the goal.
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts