The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago varsity boys hockey team stunned No. 2 seeded Waukesha Catholic Memorial/Milwaukee Pius Thursday night at Eble Park in Brookfield in the WIAA regional championship game, 4-3.
KM/Mukwonago came into the game seeded No. 7 in the 12-school sectional.
CMH, which had not lost in its last eight games, inlcuding a 3-2 over KM/Mukwonago last week, gave up three unanswered goals to the Lasers in the second period, fell behind 4-1 and couldn't catch up in the final period.
KM will now advance to the sectional on Tuesday, Feb. 23. That game could be played against No. 3 seeded Waukesha.
Afetr the two teams battled to a 1-1 deadlock in the first period, KM/Mukwonago got goals from Mitch Ellena, Justin Yute and Austin Kreinz to pull away to a 4-1 lead going into the final period. CMH scored twice in the third period, but it was too little too late to catch the Lasers.
Greg Simandl had the first goal for KM. Tyler Platz had 35 saves for the winners in the goal.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts