The Kettle Moraine/Mukwonago varsity boys hockey team stunned No. 2 seeded Waukesha Catholic Memorial/Milwaukee Pius Thursday night at Eble Park in Brookfield in the WIAA regional championship game, 4-3.
KM/Mukwonago came into the game seeded No. 7 in the 12-school sectional.
CMH, which had not lost in its last eight games, inlcuding a 3-2 over KM/Mukwonago last week, gave up three unanswered goals to the Lasers in the second period, fell behind 4-1 and couldn't catch up in the final period.
KM will now advance to the sectional on Tuesday, Feb. 23. That game could be played against No. 3 seeded Waukesha.
Afetr the two teams battled to a 1-1 deadlock in the first period, KM/Mukwonago got goals from Mitch Ellena, Justin Yute and Austin Kreinz to pull away to a 4-1 lead going into the final period. CMH scored twice in the third period, but it was too little too late to catch the Lasers.
Greg Simandl had the first goal for KM. Tyler Platz had 35 saves for the winners in the goal.
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007