Counselors will be on hand at Park View Middle School, Mukwonago on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 12 to 2 p.m. to help grieving students after Mandy Porter, a PVMS eighth grade student passed away on Feb. 18. Parents are encouraged to accompany their child, if attending the counseling at the PVMS library. Student and individuals may gather to talk with counselors, with other students and for any other supportive reason.
"As part of the close-knit Mukwonago community, we know that this tragedy will impact individuals and families from across our district, and that many students and individuals will want to gather for support and sharing," PVMS Principal Mark Doome said in a letter to parent and students.
Support staff will also be available at school on Feb. 22. The eighth grade counselor and social worker will follow Mandy's class schedule to inform classmates of way that they can show concern and sympathy. Parents are welcome to accompany their child to school if they wish.
Staff members at all schools will monitor student behavior and be available to counsel anyone having difficulties. Resources to assist families with the grieving process will be posted on the Park View, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/pvms/index.html and Mukwonago High School, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/mhs/index.htmwebsites.
Mandy was preceded in death by her sister Jessica and is survived by her parents Mark and Lorie.
"On behalf of the Mukwonago School District, we extend our sincere condolences to Mandy Porter's family and friends," Doome said in the letter. "Please keep Mandy and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time."
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts