Counselors will be on hand at Park View Middle School, Mukwonago on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 12 to 2 p.m. to help grieving students after Mandy Porter, a PVMS eighth grade student passed away on Feb. 18. Parents are encouraged to accompany their child, if attending the counseling at the PVMS library. Student and individuals may gather to talk with counselors, with other students and for any other supportive reason.
"As part of the close-knit Mukwonago community, we know that this tragedy will impact individuals and families from across our district, and that many students and individuals will want to gather for support and sharing," PVMS Principal Mark Doome said in a letter to parent and students.
Support staff will also be available at school on Feb. 22. The eighth grade counselor and social worker will follow Mandy's class schedule to inform classmates of way that they can show concern and sympathy. Parents are welcome to accompany their child to school if they wish.
Staff members at all schools will monitor student behavior and be available to counsel anyone having difficulties. Resources to assist families with the grieving process will be posted on the Park View, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/pvms/index.html and Mukwonago High School, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/mhs/index.htmwebsites.
Mandy was preceded in death by her sister Jessica and is survived by her parents Mark and Lorie.
"On behalf of the Mukwonago School District, we extend our sincere condolences to Mandy Porter's family and friends," Doome said in the letter. "Please keep Mandy and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time."
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007