Counselors will be on hand at Park View Middle School, Mukwonago on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 12 to 2 p.m. to help grieving students after Mandy Porter, a PVMS eighth grade student passed away on Feb. 18. Parents are encouraged to accompany their child, if attending the counseling at the PVMS library. Student and individuals may gather to talk with counselors, with other students and for any other supportive reason.
"As part of the close-knit Mukwonago community, we know that this tragedy will impact individuals and families from across our district, and that many students and individuals will want to gather for support and sharing," PVMS Principal Mark Doome said in a letter to parent and students.
Support staff will also be available at school on Feb. 22. The eighth grade counselor and social worker will follow Mandy's class schedule to inform classmates of way that they can show concern and sympathy. Parents are welcome to accompany their child to school if they wish.
Staff members at all schools will monitor student behavior and be available to counsel anyone having difficulties. Resources to assist families with the grieving process will be posted on the Park View, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/pvms/index.html and Mukwonago High School, www.mukwonago.k12.wi.us/mhs/index.htmwebsites.
Mandy was preceded in death by her sister Jessica and is survived by her parents Mark and Lorie.
"On behalf of the Mukwonago School District, we extend our sincere condolences to Mandy Porter's family and friends," Doome said in the letter. "Please keep Mandy and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time."
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts