Arrowhead All-State senior forward Brian Berger scored two goals in a span of 1:52 in the second period, vaulting the defending WIAA state champion Warhawks to a come-from-behind 4-1 victory over visitting Waupun Friday night at the Mullett Center that vaulted AHS into the sectional semifinals Tuesday night.
By winning, Arrowhead will now face longtime rival University School of Milwaukee at the Uihlein Ice Center in Milwaukee on Tuesday. The winner of that game will play for a state tournament berth on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Beaver Dam.
USM has defeated Arrowhead twice already this season.
Trailing 1-0, Berger fired in two brilliant goals with less than 6:35 to play in the second period to get his team going. From there Logan Martell added two more scores, staking the Warhawks to a comfortable 4-1 lead going into the final stanza. All four AHS goals came within a span of 4:31.
Cal Essig (2), Colton Sweitzer (2) and Mike Herrick had assists for the winners. Goalie Jake Michael had one of his best games of the season for Arrowhead, turning back 30 of 31 shots.
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts