Arrowhead's varsity boys swim team, the favorite to win the 2010 WIAA Division 1 state championship Satruday at the UW Natatorium on Madison, had to settle for fourth place. It's the second straight year the Warhawks finished in fourth place.
Waukesha South/Catholic Memorial, who had lost to the Warhawks the last two weeks, won its first state championship as a combined team, scoring 197 points. Madison Memorial was a surprising second with 183 points. Greenfield/Greendale was third at 173, Arrowhead fourth at 171 and Sauk Prairie/Wisconsin Heights fifth at 166.
The best finish for the Warhawks came from senior Chris Jenkyns, who was competing in his fourth straight state meet. He placed third in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 53.19. The winner of that race was Tyler Lentz of Sauk Prairie/Wisconsin Heights with a time of 50.10.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts