Arrowhead's varsity boys swim team, the favorite to win the 2010 WIAA Division 1 state championship Satruday at the UW Natatorium on Madison, had to settle for fourth place. It's the second straight year the Warhawks finished in fourth place.
Waukesha South/Catholic Memorial, who had lost to the Warhawks the last two weeks, won its first state championship as a combined team, scoring 197 points. Madison Memorial was a surprising second with 183 points. Greenfield/Greendale was third at 173, Arrowhead fourth at 171 and Sauk Prairie/Wisconsin Heights fifth at 166.
The best finish for the Warhawks came from senior Chris Jenkyns, who was competing in his fourth straight state meet. He placed third in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 53.19. The winner of that race was Tyler Lentz of Sauk Prairie/Wisconsin Heights with a time of 50.10.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts